Introduce Yourself! A little about yourselves

Woot! I’m Adam K and another member of the Riot VFX team.
I sincerely love scifi effects and swoon at any game with lasers and explosions.
I’ve been working in the industry since 2006 and at riot since 2014. I’ve made the vfx for several LoL Skins and hope I pleased one or two fans along the way. Here is the dump of Skins I got the pleasure of making all sparkly.

Dark Star Thresh
Program: Lissandra
High Noon Jhin
Zombie Slayer Jinx
Demon Vi
Project: Yi
Project: Fiora
Sandstorm Ekko
Forsaken Jayce
Risen Fiddlesticks
Headhunter Akali
Elderwood Bard
DJ Sona
Blood Moon Thresh
Championship Shyvana
Headhunter Caitlyn
PROJECT: Yasuo
Mecha Aatrox
Mecha Malphite
Dunkmaster Darius
Blade Queen Lissandra
Void Fizz
Super Galaxy Rumble
Arctic Ops Varus
Battlecast Vel’Koz

7 Likes

Hello everybody :slight_smile:

Can’t believe how many people are on here, this is awesome!

My name is Sarah Carmody and I’m an FX artist at Blizzard working on World of Warcraft. I set out to be a character animator for film, got my first job as an animator in the game industry, and then basically went with the flow and ended up in game FX. Best happy accident ever. Who doesn’t want to make magic, explosions, and sparkles as a career?

https://www.artstation.com/artist/sarahcarmody

Looking forward to watching this site grow! :sparkles:

10 Likes

Most of them are my favorite skins! Awesome to have you here. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello Everybody!
My name is James Hill and I’ve been in the Industry for close to 9 years. I’m currently lone wolf’ing at FunBits Interactive as a FX/Technical Artist and my most recent release was Fat Princess Adventures for PS4. It was a wild romp of just about every kind of silly whimsical and bloody effect imaginable. Currently I’m delving into the wacky world of VR and Mobile VR . I’m happy to see a place where so much talent can share knowledge and I hope I can contribute too

3 Likes

Hi Folks,
I’m Matt Ontiveros. Currently I am a VFX Artist for Gazillion working on Marvel Heroes. I have been in the industry since the mid 90’s. Past studios I have worked are Z2, Signal Studios, Suckerpunch, Zipper (RIP), Griptonite(RIP) and EA Seattle(RIP)
Currently playing Overwatch and was just on the Battlefield 1 Beta. Occasionally hop on to play Dreadnaught.
Looking forward to being part of this community.
Thank you so much for hosting!
Cheers,
Matt

2 Likes

Hello!
I’m Alex Underhill! I’m a VFX artist, & a brief stint as both technical & environment artist.

Was VFX Artist at Rocksteady Studios for a long time, now I’ve moved on to new things! I’ve moved over to the VR Realm at Kite&Lightning.

I also run http://facedownfx.com/ and develop VFX Software :+1:

13 Likes

Hello everyone,
Awesome VFX community!

My name is Wataru. I am in game industry 17 years (mostly in Japan). Currently I am a VFX Artist at DICE.

I’m working on Battlefield 1.
I worked on Resident Evil 2, Parasite Eve 2, Final Fantasy XI, Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Lost Planet 2, Deep down, Resident Evil 7 and so on. And I have engaged in developing of in-house Game Engine as a tech artist at Capcom.
I love to make real-time VFX and saders! :smile:

Cheers!

9 Likes

Hey, I’ve got some Jiras if you’re out of things to do… :smiley: Glad to see you here!

2 Likes

Hey! Glad to see you here, too!!! :smile:
We beat them! There were formidable enemies. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Hello there,

My name is Ryan Gillespie. I’ve been working in realtime VFX for about 9 years. I’m currently at BioWare in Austin working with some amazingly talented people. Before transitioning to games, I was a Maya generalist for broadcast, corporate and medical.

It’s great to find a resource dedicated to this field. I hope to learn a lot and maybe even contribute. I love the work this community has created so thanks for the inspiration. Now get back to work and make awesome stuff. No really.

4 Likes

Hello all!
My name is Fred Hooper. I’ve been working in games doing one thing or another since 2000. Previous to that I was working in pen and paper doing illustration, design and art direction. I’ve worked at Raven Software, Kaos and Avalanche Studios with the most recent release of Just Cause 3. I’m currently working at Nvidia doing some cool stuff that I can’t talk about right now. But soon SOOON!

I’m big on VFX education and getting more people into effects, so I hope I can help when I can. Thanks for setting up this community I’m glad we’re getting all the info out in one place! WOOO!

Just Cause… just cuz.

14 Likes

Hi all! Very happy to see this community on a website other than Facebook, it’s about the only thing I miss since I quit that a few years back. Great to see some familiar names and faces.

Adding to that - I’m Florian, VFX artist at Yager. I’m currently making things explode on Dreadnought.

4 Likes

Hi Everyone,
My name is Nick Eberle… I am the Lead VFX artist on Overwatch at Blizzard Entertainment. I have been at making games for about 16 years, and have been at Blizzard for the last 13ish years. Before Overwatch I worked on Diablo 3.

Was hired as a lighting artist and started picking up effects along the way. Im super excited this forum gives me a reason to never log into facebook again :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Welcome Nick!
Personally I’m stoked your here on the forum as I’ve been recreating some OW effects and posting my results here. I hope they are to your liking :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone!

My name is Thomas Horwath and i’m a Senior VFX artist at Blizzard working on the Heroes of the Storm team. I’ve been in the industry since 2005 and I’m super excited about the launch of this website! It’s always nice to share knowledge with passionate people!

6 Likes

Heya!

I’m Valdis Matas, I started out as a hobbyist around 2009 doing a lot of modding for Source Engine. I was big in the HL2 modding community for a while, and in 2013 I got a job with the indie dev New World Interactive as the lead FX artist. I shipped Insurgency a few months later in January 2014, and I’ve been working with them ever since. I’m so happy to finally find a community of FX artists! I’ve been wishing for one forever!

3 Likes

I loved Brink so much. Thank you!

Hello all,

I am Seb Hillaire, rendering engineer at Frostbite - EA. Having fun with many things there; some being sky, participating media and other volumetric rendering (fog, clouds, etc) and, last but not the least, effect and particles :slight_smile: . I am pushing hard for all these things to be more physically grounded while still allowing more freedom for our beloved artists.

See you around!

6 Likes

Sup Seb! I am missing your codesupport these days…

1 Like

Hi Andreas :slight_smile: hope to see you around soon!