Introduce Yourself! A little about yourselves

Hi Marcos!! :slight_smile: Glad to see you are doing fine.

1 Like

Hello All,

I’m Laurent from Ubisoft Montpellier, at the moment i’m FX & UI TD.
I’m really glad to have a new way to find new Fx friend to discuss with :slight_smile:

L.

5 Likes

Hi All,

Pete Clark here. Lead VFX Artist at Sumo Digital currently working on Crackdown 3. I have 16 years experience in Games Development with 10 of those in Real-Time VFX. Previous work includes DiRT series, GRiD series, Formula One, Operation Flashpoint: Red River and many other titles. My background is in Traditional based 2D Animation where I first discovered Visual FX and the importance of animation and timing in FX. :smiley:

8 Likes

G’day mates,

Timothy Bermanseder, Technical/VFX artist currently working at Cardboard Keep a small indie studio from Australia. We released our first title Warden:Melody of the Undergrowth in April after 3 years of work from a small 3 man team. I was responsible for the majority of the art and level design though my passion lies in sweet explosions and cool UV manipulation tricks.

My portfolio for any interested.
I have my sights on one day working at Blizzard and as such hope to deconstruct many of their VFX and share what I learn.

7 Likes

Hi everyone!! Very exciting to see this coming to life - never knew about the FB group!

My name is Greg and I’m a Technical Artist at Ubisoft Toronto. I’ve bounced into and out of VFX roles since I started working at Pseudo Interactive in 2007 - most recently on Assassin’s Creed Unity.

In my free time I’ve been soaking up the unprecedented access to Unreal, Unity and all the other great tools that have opened their doors to Indie devs and hobbyists on a budget in the last several years. What a time to be devving :slight_smile:

Looking forward to learning from you all!

4 Likes

Hello everyone!!

My name is Kwamé Babb and I am Senior VFX artist at Schell Games in Pittsburgh and barreling towards my 10th year in the industry. SO happy this site exists, bravo for making this happen!! :smiley:

I’ve been doing VFX on mobile, PC, and various theme park installations for about 7 years. For the last year or so I’ve done work on VR platforms as well which has been a new and exciting challenge.

The majority of my work has been done in Unity and I’ve working in UE4 in my spare time.

I’ve just found out about the FB group as well as RTVFX so I’m very excited to meet other VFX artists and learn from you all!

3 Likes

Hey everyone! My name is Taylor but I usually go by Mez or Mezran.

I feel a bit out of place as it seems most people here have been in the VFX workplace for several years and I’m sitting here about 3 months of self-taught knowledge.

So about myself. I’m fresh out of college with an Associates of Computer Science specializing in Java. During my two years at school I realized that while I enjoy programming I would much prefer to become some form of artist. It’s been a long road figuring out exactly where I want to go but I’ve landed somewhere around VFX artist. So far I’ve worked in Photoshop, Maya, 3DMax, and UR4 mainly.

Aside from a two week intensive course in Maya and a semester of art classes i took in high school I’m a self-taught artist. Recently I’ve been getting ideas from @Keyserito pinterest boards and most of my knowledge of UR4 comes from watching @Luos_83 particle a day work (which by the way, just wanted to say you’re doing some great work and I love watching each effect to see how it’s made. I’ve followed along with a couple effects and gotten some different but great results!)

Just want to add that I’ve been looking for a place to start posting a couple thousand questions I’ve got as well as a few effects I’ve made to get some feedback and positive criticism. Can’t wait to start meeting everyone!

4 Likes

Hi all!

My name is Oriol Sans and I’ve been on the industry since 2011. Started at Eurocom as a Junior VFX artist working on 007 Legends and ,after that, moved to Creative Assembly to work as a VFX Artist on an amazing project called Alien: Isolation! I’ve spent my last 2 years working on Halo Wars 2, also for Creative Assembly, but recently moved to a new challenge!

Actually I’m working for Rocksteady studios ltd as a Senior VFX Artist! glad to see so many people here.

4 Likes

Hi!,
I’m James Watt and I’m a Senior VFX artist at Creative Assembly at the moment. I’m currently working on Halowars 2.

Previously, I’ve worked at Codemasters on GRID, Operation Flashpoint 2, Dirt 2 and Bodycount. I’ve also worked at Rebellion on Sniper Elite 3.
The last game I completed was Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture for The Chinese Room.

Check out some of my work and other stuff at:
www.gamevfxartist.com

Awesome that this group has been started up. I’ve been looking for something like this for years!

4 Likes

Hello there,

Soo many talented artists over here, I’m excited to be part of this community.
My name is Rafael Morais and I’m a freelancer 3D artist based in São Paulo, Brazil. I’ve been working since 2009 with game dev. I have to say that real time vfx is something that I really appreciate and I’m always trying to learn more and more. This new community is something that I’ve been looking for for quite some time now. I’m glad it is now a thing!

3 Likes

Hi Everyone,

I am an FX Artist at Digital Extremes, co-creators of Unreal Tournament, Unreal Championship and Bioshock etc.

I went to school at Academy of Art University in San Francisco, California, USA.

I have work experience doing FX for Film, TV, Commercials and TV. Prior to this job I was a Lead FX TD at Frima Studios in Quebec, Canada as part of the core team.

My last two projects were the biggest in my film career, namely Avengers : Age of Ultron and The Walk by Robert Zemeckis(Director of films like Forest Gump, Cast Away, What Lies Beneath, The Polar Express, Back to the Future trilogy etc) where I worked as a Sr. FX TD as part of the core team. Both films were nominated for Best Visual Effects. Avengers : Age of Ultron went on to equal box office records with those of Titanic and Avatar being the second highest grossing film worldwide in the history of Cinema at $1.5 billion.

You can watch my most recent show-reel here: Senior FX Artist / Technical Director : Professional Production Show-Reel on Vimeo

Thanks for watching, happy to be here amongst such talented people in the game industry. This is my first job doing in-game FX so I would be grateful if you can help me out with realtime VFX. :slight_smile:

Have a wonderful day!

P.S. My IMDB credit list:

Best Wishes,
Shiv

7 Likes

nice to see you all around here and I am confident that this is a big step to evolve for everyone here.

I am Vincent 23 effects artist from Hamburg Germany and I am working on a fresh mobile rpg game here at InnoGames. Really looking forward to share game fx and solving fx problems as a community! :slight_smile:

Stay clean guys!

4 Likes

Hi,

My name is Justin French, I’m the Founder and Creative Director at Dream Harvest (www.dreamharvest.co.uk).
Although I’m not a VFX artist I decided to join the community here as we’re currently looking for a VFX artist to join our team (Check the Job Board for details).

Seems like there are some super talented people here. Looking forward to checking all your amazing work out!

5 Likes

Hello everyone!
I am Christian Dubé, VFX artist at Gearbox Quebec.
After working 8 years on different in-house engines, I am now a UE4 user and loving it! :slight_smile:
I look forward to sharing and learning with all you you!
Cheers!

7 Likes

Hi everyone!

I’m Travis, VFX artist at Gunfire Games
Next week will mark my one year anniversary at Gunfire, and in the industry! I’ve been working in VR and did effects work on our first big title, Chronos, and am currently working on several different projects. It’s incredible to see so many vfx artist all in one place just for us. I hope to contribute whatever I can as often as I can, as well as learn from all the amazing people on here.

5 Likes

Hello all you amazing people!

I am Luuk van Leeuwen, a game art student from the Netherlands. I’ve been animating on and off in Flash since Macromedia Flash MX 2004. This was a hobby of mine and 3 years ago I decided that I wanted to use this animation skill to help create games. After my first year it was clear to me that Special Effects was the most appealing to me so I’ve been focusing on that ever since.

Mostly I’ve been animating special effects the traditional way (frame by frame) but I have been introduced to particle effects since my internship at Ronimo Games this year! They have their own engine and I absolutely love it. I will be looking into Unreal in my free time from now on. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I am amazed by all the people that are on here sharing the same passion, and I can’t wait to talk with all of you!

3 Likes

Hey y’all! My name is Scott Allan, I’m a VFX artist (also/formerly an environment artist) living in Seattle (originally from Detroit) and currently working at ArenaNet, formerly at Nintendo, Signal, and various other small studios. I’ve done VFX in Unreal (my favorite), Unity, and many proprietary engines, as well as fluid dynamics in Maya and Realflow. To take a look at some of my work, go to scottallanart.com, or to view my most recent demo reel, CLICK HERE!

I look forward to learning from everyone and sharing lots of cool stuff with each other! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi Everyone,

I am Attila Zalanyi, senior VFX artist at Infinity Ward for already 3.5 years.
I have started with mechanical engineering than video games in late 90’ in Europe. Than I got pulled into Commercial and TV show projects. I have been freelancing in the NYC an LA Commercial and Film industry for about 8 years until I found my calling in video games again. I am back and loving it.
Connect with me at:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/attila-zalanyi-7516934

6 Likes

Hello everyone :smiley:

My name is Terrie Denman, I am a Senior VFX Artist at Blizzard Entertainment. I’ve been a dedicated VFX artist since 2009 and I am self taught. I’ve been on the World of Warcraft team for eleven years, but have bounced around disciplines a couple times. I start off as an Exterior Environment Artist, then moved onto Prop Art, then to VFX. VFX definitely has kept my interests over the years as every day is a different challenge :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Hey guys! I’m Eliza Gibson and I’m a currently a senior at Digipen IT, and I want to specialize in Tech Art but especially VFX!

3 Likes