Generate a burst effect from a death event on an emitter thats already handling a collision event?

Hey y’all! Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I didn’t know whether to just throw it into ue help, or personal work, so i just threw it here in general, hope that’s ok!

So I have an effect I’m trying to pull of where a bunch of particles burst out and imbed into the wall as a mesh. Similar to the spike grenade from halo 3.

Video showing block in

What id like to do is have the meshes in the wall burst into particles when they die. While i thought i could just handle that as a death event, it doesn’t appear to work that way.

Because my mesh emitter already has an event handler with the collision from the pink sprites, I cant really find a way to simply put a death event and have the other emitter receive it.

So I’m guessing at this point the best thing to do would be some crazy voodoo in scratchpad? Was wondering if anyone would have any pointers on getting this to work?

Thank you so much everyone! And and all advice is much appreciated!

Best,
Mitch

P.S. Let me know what you think of the timing! This is a block-in for a class assignment and I wanna make sure my timing works. I think it fits as its suppose to be a grenade explosion, but any and all critiques would be welcome! Thanks so much!

Whelp I’m dumb. Turns out i shouldve just turned up the particle spawn count in the event handler settings whoopsie :sleepy:

1 Like