Mini Tutorial Resource pack

Mini tutorial resource pack.

DOWNLOAD : http://nielsdewitte.be/Files/MiniTutorialPack.zip

This pack contains modules and functions which are useful when working in Niagara. Most notably the modules which I have shown in my mini-tutorials.
https://realtimevfx.com/tag/mini-tutorial

For future tutorials, I will also try to update this pack, and refer you to this post as a way of acquiring the end result of the tutorial.

I will also update the pack with fixes and adjustments.

INSTALL

Unpack the zip and paste the folder named “MiniTutorialPack” inside of your project content folder.

REQUESTS

If you have Requests for functionality to be added to the pack, please let me know in this thread.

If you want to create a mini-tutorial, and would like to add your modules the pack, please send me a private message.

CONTENT

Following is a concise breakdown of the contents of the pack.

Modules:

NearSurfaceSpawn : Tries to spawn particles on surfaces.
ParticleLocation : Sets location to the location of another particle. Useful for trails etc…
SphereConstraint : Constraints the particle to remain within distance of a point.
SplineLocation : Sets location to a position on a spline.
WeaponTrail, WeaponTrailEmitter : Sets ribbon parameters to align ribbon in between two sockets.

Functions:

Distance : Wrapper for length between two vec3’s.

23 Likes

Wow fantastic, what a gift! Thanks so much <3

2 Likes

That’s great, thank you, this is the best gift

1 Like

Wonderful… Thanks alot for sharing.

1 Like

Thank you very much - these modules are very useful to me.

1 Like

Mini tutorial resource pack update.

DOWNLOAD : You can download the pack from the link in the first post of this thread.

CONTENT

Modules:
Grid Constraint :

Allows for aligning particles to a given grid. This is ideal for making voxel and tech looking effects.

The module outputs to particles.gridposition by default, so be sure to switch your position binding to this parameter.

If you have motion blur enabled in your project settings, you’ll want to change your velocity binding to Vec3(0,0,0) as well.

MaintainSpriteSizeOverDistance: Keeps your sprite particles the same size independent of distance. Usefull if you want particles to be always small, but still visible from a distance.

Curves
A few useful float curves have been added. You can find them by pressing the Import drop down and searching for NCurve

FadeIn : Linear 0-1 curve
Fadout : Linear 1-0 curve
Flicker : Linear sawtooth curve with slight alteration in height, useful for flickering particles
Sine : You can call sin(Engine.Time) for a correct sine. But this is quite close and is sometimes easer to use. (for the times when it doesn’t really matter)
SmoothInOut : BellCurve, usefull for particles that need to fade in and out without visible transition.

That’s it for now, please check the first post for more information.

7 Likes

Dude you are a prince and a gentleman! Much appreciated!

2 Likes

How did I miss this!? :smiley: Cheers!

1 Like