Introduce Yourself! A little about yourselves

Hello, people!

My name’s Charles, and I’m a VFX artist from Brazil. I work with games since 2008, most of this time in simple projects for web and mobile as a 2D generalist, and just around 3 years ago I’ve discovered the VFX, when I was working in a game called Heavy Metal Machines, and I felt in love for the area.

And big part about what I know today, I owe to this community. Thank you, guys!

Hello everyone.

My name is John and I am a budding VFX artist from the heartland of the United States. I have been learning and working with 3D in a serious manner since 2015. I have worked on a few indie projects as a modeler, environment artist, and art lead. I recently discovered VFX as an interest, and am working through learning the specific characteristics of it via tutorials and research. I am excited to be here and hope to have something to show to you soon.

Hello, I realized I have not introduced myself to this awesome community.
Very rude of me and I apologize.

My name is Jared. I work for an online gaming company in South Africa and have worked on shipping multiple games in UE4 and Cocos.
I fell in love with realtime VFX when I started making glowing sprites float about on the screen 2 years ago and from there have taught myself via watching many YouTube vids and through this community.

Thank you again!.

I am slowly building up effects for a show reel that will hopefully be complete soon.

Hey everyone,

My name is Jeremy Baldwin. It’s been far too long since I have been active in any community outside of studio work. A few guys and gals at Bungie had been telling me about this super rad community called realtimevfx. Now I don’t get out much, so it took me some time but I finally made it. I am a fairly open book (unless prohibited by NDA) in lending any aid or collaborative feedback no matter the topic when possible. So feel free to reach out at any point. Stoked to be joining and can’t wait to see all of the awesome work everyone produces.

Hello all, I’m Simon from New Zealand. I’ve been working in film as an ATD in various roles down at Weta digital for a few years now. In my spare time I love to learn about realtime fx for fun, but I’m still in beginner. Especially interested with ways that I can learn and integrate houdini also.

Churr!

Hello everyone, my name is Spencer, I’ve been lurking on here for almost a year now and have learned a tremendous amount but I figured I should finally join in. Currently I’m a graduate student studying technical art, but VFX and lighting have really become my passion. I’m looking forward to joining the industry professionally so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!

Hey everyone!
I’m Umut Civelek and I’ve just finished my degree for Game Art & Animation, waiting for my bachelor to be decided on! :smiley: While the focus of my uni was on creating 3D meshes, I was always more interested in creating vfx in my free time. Unfortunately, any projects I did with friends from uni never needed a high amount of visual effects, so I had to focus more on creating meshes and visual scripting. After uni, I started focusing on what I actually love, and thats making stunning visual effects! I’ve been on this forum for 2 months and learned so much amazing things, I’m truly grateful for each and every post! Thanks for being awesome, all of you! :slight_smile:

Hi! I’m Krystal.

My hobbies are: long walks on the beach, building gundam, petting dogs, drawing anime girls, blowing stuff up.

I’ve been a long time lurker now and admittedly, this forum actually taught me almost everything I know about RTVFX. I previously worked at Archiact VR as a production artist and then transitioned to the sole VFX artist there. I had a lot of R&D time there and played with shader development and painting textures. I now work at Kabam on Marvel’s Contest of Champions with a wonderful team of FX artists!!!

I’ve been wanting to get back into personal VFX development and since I have some time between projects, I’ll probably start posting a lil sketchbook of stuff. But yeah, I specialize in 2D animations and shader magic. I loooove seeing hand painted stuff on here and would love to see more of it!

I’m excited to see more magic from this community. :sparkles:

Feel free to PM me about random stuff!!!

Hey, my name’s Kevin

I’ve been studying game development for three years now and I’m about to graduate from Falmouth University with a Game Dev Degree. I’ve mostly been working with art both 2d and 3d but this year I’ve fallen in love with VFX and I’m spending most of my time studying that at the moment and doing my best to apply that to the game projects I’m involved in.
https://kaguc2.wixsite.com/kagukin Here’s a link to my current website

I’ve been lurking on this site for quite a while and all of you here have been incredibly helpful. And I can’t wait to continue interacting with you all, getting better as I go. And hopefully one day I can be the one helping some noob get that much closer to their dreams.

Hey everyone,

My name is Tom francis and I work in Vancouver Canada. It’s about a year since I got into RTVFX and I wouldn’t have it any other way! I think we can all agree that this is the coolest job ever. :smiley:

I enjoy making VFX of all styles and type, especially the more animated and stylized ones. To me the most important thing I try to nail is the balance between detail and readability.

If you are a local let’s get in touch, I need more VFX friends to show me some new tricks!

Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/thomasfrancis
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TomFrancisVFX

Hello everyone!

My name is Linus and I have been lurking here for a little while now. I finished my education in 3D modeling recently but since I also really enjoy programming I discovered VFX was something that fit really well. Have only been focusing on VFX for half a year but during this time this site has helped me a tremendous amount.

I am now looking forward to being more active and to actually start sharing my works here. :smile:

Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/linus_ferm