Hey VFX Community!
It's my pleasure to announce the first ever VFX Boot Camp. The Boot Camp will be a full day of sessions hosted at GDC 2017 on Tuesday February 28. Other disciplines like Technical Art and Animation have had boot camps for years, and it's high time our smoldering corner of the development world gets one too.
The main goals of the boot camp are to nurture our growing community, share awesome tips & tricks, and have some fun face to face. In addition, we need fresh talent coming into this field, so if you're reading this and considering pursuing a career in VFX we'd love for you to come and check it out.
It will be a melting pot of VFX ideas and inspiration.
* Jason Keyser (Riot)
* Hadidjah Chamberlin (Blizzard)
* Christina Wun (Riot)
* Andreas Glad (Partikel)
* Keith Guerrette (Beyond-FX)
* Drew Skillman (Google)
Topics (more to come!)
* VFX & The Rise of Real Time
* Getting Scrappy With It: A guide to turning your dysfunctional VFX group into an industry powerhouse
* Like a mace to the face - Leaving the Battlefield to go it alone
* Artistic Foundations of Handcrafted VFX
* Rapid Fire Lightning Talks
Remember to look into travel/accomodations soon. San Francisco gets booked up fast these days. The GDC site has some tips on that.
Post here or reach out to one of the co-organizers (@Keith, @Keyserito, @Christina, @Drew ) if you have other questions or comments. Look forward to seeing you there - more details to come.