VMonty: Sketch #24

Thumbnail01

Final Version

I wish I could spend more time into it, I´ve enjoyed creating this sketch so much! Many stuff to fix, but here is what I achieve in 3 days:

With no edition:

Update 1

Original
Hello everyone! This is my first time participating in a sketch. I’ve been reading and learning a lot in this forum!

Finally, I got some time to do a sketch. I join a bit late haha ​​let’s see if I can finish the effect.
This is what I got so far:
Impact01

As the animation is fast, I like to create some shortcuts to see in a slow motion all the composition like this:

In unreal is quite simple to set up:

Also, I recommend to add a post process volume and turn the saturation down to 0 in order to view the values ​​of the FX. This is not exactly the same as greyscale histogram but is straight forward and handy.

Animation from this course

10 Likes

Damn! Slow motion motivates me so much!

2 Likes

hey thanks for the blueprint setup! I bought an animation pack a while ago and wanted to do some fx for it also. How did you hook up the animation to play in the key press?

Hey Lee, I trigger it in ue4’s sequencer. Here you can check exactly how to do it :wink:

Great job @VMonty!

Have you tried lerping between Global Time Dilations using a timeline? I do it all the time, a 0.2 seconds float output, and then I turn the interpolation curves into bezier. It gives a really nice speed ramp feel!

yes haha so much fun playing with time dilation :rofl:

Final version :facepunch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVgNw-nreu8&feature=youtu.be

1 Like