StarEngine and Squadron 42

Hi everyone! This is my first post in a long while (too long, in fact). I wanted to share a couple of videos showcasing the progress we have been making at Cloud Imperium Games.

The first one is a demo of our engine - StarEngine. While it’s a demo of the engine as a whole, there are plenty of real time VFX for you to look at :slight_smile:

Next is an update on our progress making Squadron 42 - we are now content complete and have moved into the polish stage. Again, lots of lovely (I’m biased, I know) real time VFX for you to see! :fire:

If you have any questions, let me know and I’ll do my best to answer them! :smiley:

7 Likes

Looks gorgeous, feels like next-gen, watched at the first day it came out. Would love to see some workflow techniques when possible (I know it’s proprietary)

1 Like

Some of those shots look absolutely stunning! Well done for bringing it all together :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fell in love with this demo!
The engine looks really cool!

1 Like

I have yet to watch the Squadron 42 demo, but the StarEngine showcase is so impressive, wow! And I’m not even talking about the quality of the assets/textures/effects/designs which all look top notch!
This really leaves me wondering how much of CryEngine/Lumberyard is still actually there beneath all this cool stuff :thinking:

1 Like