Star Citizen - Gas Clouds, VDB-driven particles and more!

Full presentation:

Time-stamped to in-game playthrough: https://youtu.be/7WfjHO6oHGs?t=2127

Hi all, it’s a while since I’ve posted anything here, but I figured some of you would be interested in seeing a presentation we did at our recent CitizenCon 2948 event.

It follows on from some VDB work we revealed last year and shows the progress we have made so far this year.

Towards the end of the presentation is a video of how it all looks in-game so far. I hope you enjoy it! :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Mike

25 Likes

Amazing work, I really enjoy to see how you guys are implementing Houdini for Real-Time FX.

Regarding your destruction, are they baked as VAT’s/Alembic or are they destructible meshes?

A mix of both. We have actual physics driven destruction with pre-cut geometry and some alembic stuff where needed.

Hi Snowy,

…is beautiful!!! it awsome what you guys managed.
I am realy looking forward if star citizen finished game. :smiley:

Really impressive … Good Job guys.

Just wooooow :heart_eyes: heavy breathing

this is very impressive. those nebulas…wow!

Wow! Impressive stuff. You guys have been building some incredible tech for this game!

Thanks for the kind words all, I’m glad you enjoyed the presentation :slight_smile:

I’ve now added a time-stamped link to my original post, which takes you straight to the in-game demo if you’re interested in seeing the shiny stuff!

1 Like