Solved - 6-way Lightmap Smoke in Unreal

Ah, yes it is, but it’s just what’s set up in Nate Lane’s “6-way light map WIP” thread. I just condensed it into a MF for organizational purposes.

It’s just everything in the image below. I need to double check to make sure I have everything plugged in right, but the internal contents are the same.

2 Likes

Ah I thought so, smart thinking!

just found out that there’s a similar thread here. here is the link: 6-way lightmap WIP

I know it’s an old thread, but there is actually a 6-way (well, 4-way) ‘Spherical Harmonics’ Directional Light-based Smoke Light-Solution inside Unreal out-of-the-box since Volumetric Cloud, I’ve found it in this Material:
/Volumetrics/Tools/SubUVMaker/Materials/M_Preview_SubUV_SH

There is also a Baker that’s bakes any UE Volumetrics into a texture Sheet in the “FluidSimulation_3d” Map called “BP_SubUVMaker”. It produces nearly anything you’d need (color, opacity, temperature, normal, velocity, Spherical Harmonics), the material above is part of that BP.

6 Likes

Hey guys, I’m trying to make this material in UE5, but the nodes Atmospheric Light Color and Atmospheric Light Vector doesn’t exists anymore. Does somebody knows their equivalent?