My name is Daniélle Viljoen.
I am a third year Game Art student at BUAS.
I have started a personal project where I try to recreate effects from different games.
For this week, I recreated the “Walk to this place” arrow effect.
(Created in UNREAL)
What it looks like at normal speed.
I have a slow motion version, however I am only allowed to post one thing at a time for now.
WHAT I DID:
- I took the caps off a cylinder, and shaped this into a cone with a curved top.
- I also inverted the faces so that the texture will be shown on the inside.
- I straightened out the UV’s.
- I have 4 arrows evenly spaced next to one another.
- Vertically 1/3 of the texture is empty so that when the arrows are done panning there is no uneven repeat.
- I clamped the texture in the Y direction in engine.
I made a material for my texture, in which I use a dynamic param to be able to pan my texture in cascade.
If there are any questions I would love to hear!.
Any feedback is welcome!