Niagara mesh material swap help

Hello everyone,
So here’s what I’m working with, I’m trying to use the same system that needs to be able to swap between materials for two different areas of my level. So when players are on one side it has one material and when they are on the other side it has another.
But this doesn’t seem to be working for me.

I don’t know if I’m using the wrong nodes possibly?
The Set Niagara Variable node is working fine, it’s the Set Material that doesn’t seem to be doing anything.

Thank you for the help!

you have two different values for Element Index in Set Material?

1 Like

Oh woops! No those should both be set to 0, I only want to swap a single material at index 0, sorry about the confusion haha

If that doesn’t fix it, try getting the material on the mesh before setting the new one

1 Like

Unfortunately that’s what I set it to at the start so I don’t think hat will solve it.
As I was falling asleep last night I came up with the idea of driving whatever I need to be changed in the material with a lerp.
I’m not sure if that would be more cost effective though? I realized swapping materials wouldn’t be useful for a smooth transition between the two different looks of the effect.
Although it might be fun to figure out how to actually swap the materials, might be useful for future stuff, maybe.

Thank you for the help!