Niagara issues and help

Niagara%20Help

Hi everyone i am creating this thread for all niagara related issues and help tips and trick. because many of us learning naigara so there should be one place for all. please post in this thread only all niagara related stuff. i have posted some niagara issues separately i cant move them in this thread but from now i will post in this thread…

Thankyou

12 Likes

Good idea. Maybe you could add links to your first post to all the tips/hints you’ve given so far?

3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

how to use niagara particle system with animation composite timeline like we can use cascade particle… is there any way ??? or this feature is missing from niagara???

3 Likes

I had this question about using the Deactivate vs Destroy nodes in blueprints when handling niagara systems, this issue is present in 4.21, what I really want to know is whether or not the Deactivate node is acting the same as the destroy node, because it seems to be destroying the system when I use Deactivate.
And then the Destroy node seems to do nothing :confused:

1 Like

hi,Thank you very much.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hi all -

I currently are struggling with passing values from a BP to a Niagara System to control parameters on the fly i.e. like spawn rate etc. I have tried to find a tutorial on exactly that workflow but somehow haven’t had any luck. Hope someone can help me with this. Any link to video tut or doc is very welcome

cheers

1 Like

how did you solve this problem? could you help me? thanks in advance.

1 Like

I´m starting to work with niagara in my studio now for about a month, to get niagara to work inside the montages i had to ask my programmer to figure out a new notifier BP exclusive to the niagara particle, its really a simple BP it just takes the niagara particle and spawns it into the world, we are still strugling with local/ world space orientation of the particles and the anim trail that i think is going to be a huge headache.

1 Like

How can I set or change the material on Niagara using BB? For some reason node “SetMaterial(Niagara)” don’t work at all. Or when I use “Create Dynami Material Instance(Niagara)” it return null, because it can’t fetch the material for some reason. I have a simple Niagara system with one emitter and one sprite renderer, so the element index should be 0, right?

Using 4.20.4 - Screenshot by Lightshot

1 Like

Ive actually asked about this early in niagara development (and multiple times at it) but general reply was (in my own words) “we dont really see a need for this, but we’ll think about it”

I kinda dislike the fact that atm we’d need a bp in between this, and if anything I am all for more control in the persona/animation sequencer compared to the limited control we had in cascade.

1 Like

nobody knows the answer to this?

2 Likes

Emmm… Its a simple. Create for example User parameter and tweak it in BP.

1 Like

hi guys i was trying something like this video and i am able to attract particle with actor location but i could not apply curl noise only for attracted or moving particles. any body knows how to control curl noise strength with distance or sphere mask in blueprint.

https://youtu.be/g-Q7seNT-7E

1 Like

I have a stupid question… At least I think it is because what I am trying to do seems pretty straight forwards.

I have been going through both of these tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWl3ySXTY2c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy4GRB_Qn0M

The principles in both are very similar. Take a static/skeletal mesh, use it as a base to spawn particles off of. Re-create the mesh shape in particles.

Here is the issue. After going through about half of both, I get to the step of adding a static/skeletal mesh module to my niagara emitter file I get an error that reads out like this.

One person recommended that I open the mesh file and click “Allow CPUAccess” which makes the error go away but does not fix the issue.

I am kind of at my whits end, because I feel like I have done everything exactly like the tutorials show, but I am not getting the results the instructors are showing.

I am running Unreal Engine ver. 4.23

1 Like

just click on “fix now”

1 Like

Maybe I’m missing something here, but if the issue is the error and the error goes away, perhaps the remaining issue is a new one, and not related to your previous error.

What exactly is going wrong after the error dissolves?

1 Like

Hey! U dont need it. Just use parameter to affects on noise and tweak it by BP.

1 Like

You are right it is a secondary issue. I should have been more clear. The desired behavior is particles spawning in a way that defines the surface of the mesh.

Example from one of the tutorials I linked above.

Once the error is fixed, no particles spawn in the previewer.

1 Like