Neon Trails VFX Breakdown

UPDATED - 10/1/2018

Hi guys! , I think it’s my second time posting something here, I just wanna share the very first VFX breakdown I made, it may look incomplete but I hope you’ll learn something from it. :slight_smile: :blush:

Here is the VFX breakdown >
NeonTrailsVFXBreakdownGIF

The VFX is a combination of 4 trails with same textures. It’s amazing how the output looks good just by a change of colors, width of trails and speed of texture pan.

Closer look of the VFX >
StylizedNeonLights

Raw Textures

TrailRaw1 TrailRaw

Curves and Gradients of each trails

Trail1Values Trail2Values Trail4Values Trail3Values

12 Likes

so nice dude!! ``````~~

1 Like

Looks nice! Do you create a noise on the trail using a script?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
https://giphy.com/gifs/8cMKp7xsAdHZ5KGgZL/html5

5 Likes

I don’t think its a noise, It looks like a noise because of the GIF quality hahahahahaha

Thanks dude! :smile:

Woah, that looks nice! :open_mouth: , why not try making the lifetime of the trail longer and some particles. :star_struck:

I did it just for the fan when I saw your post.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

You can download it and change it as you like - https://www.patreon.com/posts/21717038 :wink:

2 Likes

Cool dude! :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::smiley::grin::grin::grin: hehe

Wooow, looks really cool and I like the colors :smiley:

1 Like

1 Like

Amazing ! I’m impressend how just a panning can do that king of illusion :smile:

1 Like

Yeah, it’s mostly texture panning and a good choice of colors. :slight_smile:

Amazing!! thank you~!!!

Your welcome ! :slight_smile: :heart:

Hi, how did you make it so that the top and bottom of the texture stays in place?

1 Like

Try using or making a static line/trail renderer, there are a lot of it out there on google. :slight_smile:

what brushes or techniques did you use to paint the textures?

1 Like

Hi mulletdulla!, I just use simple brushes (soft brushes) then for finishing touch I always use some filters like gaussian blurs and motion blurs. :slight_smile: