MR_Pol: Shetch #16

unreal

Hi folks!
I’m back and it’s been a long time since I posted something here. It’s a pleasure to participate again.
Therefore, here is the first step of my Shield FX !

Sorry the gif is a bit laggy i’ll make better capture nex time. :slight_smile:

Hi all! I present to you the 2nd step of this effect!

Now i’ll focus on animating all of this. ( And make some fix like smoothing the border of the mesh ^^ )
As usual, feel free to feedback, it’s always usefull to me. :wink:

Cheers

I really like the waviness of the pulses, very cool! That combined with the fine secondary details gives it a really ethereal quality that I like a lot, nice work :slight_smile:

One minor thing, maybe increase the subdivisions on the shield shape, the silhouette looks a bit low poly.

Thanks for your adorable comment! I’m glad you like it.

Sure, it will be done, i have seen it too! :slight_smile:

This is really cool! I want to try and follow…
So you are attaching a particle system to a mesh. Or is it two separate particle systems on a single actor?
I’m always interested in seeing the shader / blueprint / emitter SSs to see behind-the-scenes!
What I love about this effect is how it gives off that holy protector vibe. Definitely similar to Leona from LoL!

Hi !

Right now, this is 100% shader. I’m only using BP to roll out the shield.
I might do a breakdown of the effect once I’m finished! :slight_smile:

Would love to see breakdown too when u’re done. Especially the fluid like shield effect, can’t stop looking at it! :slight_smile:

I love the difference in the intensity of the flow from the starting point to the outter body. Will definetly look forward to seeing more!

This is lovely, it feels like it could be something out of Destiny 2.

Thank you for your comment. It’s really encouraging and push me to improve the effect.
I’ll show you the next step soon. :slight_smile:

For the breakdown I have to clean my shader node before I suppose. :wink:

Astonishing :open_mouth:

Would love to see a breakdown of the shield texture / shader! Looks great! Feels like sands of time ish…

Hi there , it took me some time but here it is ! :slight_smile:
I’ll take some take to prepare you a quick breakdown next week!