How (not) to create Textures for VFX (GDC/ADDON 2022: )

twitter_thumbnail

I had the pleasure to give this talk at the GDC 2022 / ADDON 2022 which focuses on the creation of textures for VFX.

Watch it here: GDC Vault - Visual Effects Summit: How to (Not) Create Textures for VFX

The topic wasn’t discussed too much in the past and as I often struggle(d) making cool textures, I thought making a talk about it could help and maybe spark inspiration to others to talk more about this specific subject and share more knowledge.

EXTRA CONTENT

40 Likes

hashtag: ThingsImmaShareSoManyTimesOverTheNextFewDecades.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this amazing presentation!
Loved every second of this :star_struck:

1 Like

Thank you for the wonderful presentation. Google has persistently told me that the slides cannot be downloaded due to an error; would you be able to put them up for download elsewhere?

Thank you! :slight_smile:
The problem is, that I used so many GIFs, that the Slides are >400MB and it seems that this makes it undownloadable :frowning: I had the same issue when I wanted to download a backup. Not possible.

That is an odd technical limitation. I found out that downloading the presentation as a PDF works.

Yes because all GIFs are exchanged by JPGs and the slides are now useful as they miss all animated information :frowning:

Thank you so much!!
I really enjoy the talk and there is a lot to earn. I’m new in this industry but with your talk I’m more orientated.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words and welcome to VFX! It’s amazing :slight_smile:

It was wonderful, dear Simon
You really changed my mind about making textures and I owe you a lot, Master.
Every moment of this video is full of pure points that are a summary of your experiences and this is very valuable.
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words! That means a lot to me!

1 Like