Talk: How (not) to create Textures for VFX (GDC/ADDON 2022)

twitter_thumbnail

I had the pleasure to give this talk at the GDC 2022 / ADDON 2022 which focuses on the creation of textures for VFX.

Watch it here: GDC Vault - Visual Effects Summit: How to (Not) Create Textures for VFX or here How to (Not) Create Textures for VFX - YouTube

The topic wasn’t discussed too much in the past and as I often struggle(d) making cool textures, I thought making a talk about it could help and maybe spark inspiration to others to talk more about this specific subject and share more knowledge.

EXTRA CONTENT

50 Likes

hashtag: ThingsImmaShareSoManyTimesOverTheNextFewDecades.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this amazing presentation!
Loved every second of this :star_struck:

1 Like

Thank you for the wonderful presentation. Google has persistently told me that the slides cannot be downloaded due to an error; would you be able to put them up for download elsewhere?

Thank you! :slight_smile:
The problem is, that I used so many GIFs, that the Slides are >400MB and it seems that this makes it undownloadable :frowning: I had the same issue when I wanted to download a backup. Not possible.

That is an odd technical limitation. I found out that downloading the presentation as a PDF works.

Yes because all GIFs are exchanged by JPGs and the slides are now useful as they miss all animated information :frowning:

Thank you so much!!
I really enjoy the talk and there is a lot to earn. I’m new in this industry but with your talk I’m more orientated.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words and welcome to VFX! It’s amazing :slight_smile:

It was wonderful, dear Simon
You really changed my mind about making textures and I owe you a lot, Master.
Every moment of this video is full of pure points that are a summary of your experiences and this is very valuable.
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words! That means a lot to me!

1 Like

The talk is now also available on Youtube :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have (almost) the same talk again at ADDON Conference and here is the video recording:

4 Likes

Great talk! I saw this in person and very much enjoyed it. It’s a topic not spoken about enough, like you said. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for having taken the time to visit my talk! There are so many great talks at GDC that the competition is really big. So I’m honored that you chose to listen to my presentation. :heart: