How do you implement VFX graph into you games

I’ve seen some tutorial about VFX graph, and I notice most of the tutorials I’ve seen is about how to make FX with tons of particles or effect that loops forever.

I don’t quite see it often in tutorial that people use it to make complicated wepon slash , attack or skill fx. But I feel those kind of fx is more commonly seen in games. So here are my questions.

Is it a good choice to make those kind of fx with VFX graph?
How do you guys dicide when to use VFX graph instead of Shuriken when doing those kind of FX?

Btw if there are any tuts about how to make skill/attack effect with vfx graph please let me know.
Maybe I just didn’t explore much enough to find those tuts.

I haven’t used Unity VFX Graph in a production setting yet, but comparing it to how Niagara and other more programmatic GPU particle tools have been used in production, I think I can give some insight. These VFX Graph-style tools are most useful for doing “weird stuff” like you mentioned due to their flexibility, but they are also useful for making broad systemic or paramaterized things where you are solving a specific vfx problem and it’s going to show up all over the place. I would reach for VFX Graph for handling weather/ambient environment particles (leaves, dust motes, snow, ash, etc) that I want to make consistent with eachother and that have a shared set of properties in their physics and rendering. I might also use it for “weapon trails” if I knew that there were 20+ weapons that needed slightly different trails but were all going to have similar properties.

I would treat making these VFX Graph / Niagara sorts of effects/systems as being like “shaders” rather than “materials”. You’re either making something unique and weird for some visual spectacle moment, or you’re making a system for making a bunch of similar effects.