I had been looking at the Divinity : Original Sin 2 DE (One of my all time favorite series) VFX while playing the game a few days ago and I saw this effect and it really caught my eye
Don’t really know how to approach it as usual, but I have general ideas for most of the components. I threw up a quick proof of concept in Unreal to see if it would work.
Bar the timing issues, I think it’s pretty close and might work for this.
I’ve decided to make a study of this and try to recreate it.
Looking at the effect right now, I see these components :
- Ground pentagram scribing in.
- Dust/debris Particles along with the pentagram.
- Blood starting to appear and filling in from the corners of the pentagram.
- Candles appearing in on the perimeter of the circle.
- Dust/Debris particles for candles appearing in.
- Ring like particles spawning around the player, moving up and scaling out.
- Fire particles for the candles.
- Blood thingies getting sucked up.
There also might be some ambient smoke particles in there.
Any tips/critique is always appreciated!