Data Channel Writer unreliable

Hello!
I’m trying to use niagara data channel writer interface to spawn a particles upon collision.
I have an issue where it’s not working until I change any parameter in the niagara data channel asset.
Then if the system gets put to sleep by a niagara effect type or if I go to another level the append to the writer stops working until I mess with the NDC asset again…

example:

Anyone has experienced this?
( on 5.8.2 )

Thanks!

If anyone else runs into that issue, you need to have both the writer and the listener systems in the map.
Unlike how it works in blueprint where you just need to write to the data channel, writing to the data channel from Niagara won’t work unless the system is present in the map.

Why it starts working if you mess with the NDC parameters? I’m not sure, but I suppose it forces the NDC to exist in memory somehow.

1 Like