[solve]How do you make this texture?

you could try an external smoothing tool like Lazy Nezumi

And I thought I was pretty good at painting fireā€¦now I feel lameā€¦

Nice thread, introduced me to Flame Painter which seems pretty useful!

Does anyone have an example of an effect using these kinds of textures within a particle system?

I set it this way, but the particles did not come apart and became a thread. I also used the hand-painted board.Sorry for the poor English.

Probably you can achieve similar effects by using some distorted geometry and simple materials with frenel in opacity/diffuse slot.

2 Likes

Itā€™s quite strange that anytime I have this thought of ā€œI wonder how such stuff is doneā€, a subject pops-up on realtimevfx forums in 2 days, covering the exact think I thought of. This is supernatural! Thanks all! :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve been dragging my feet on releasing this, but I wrote a blueprint in UE4 that can do a long exposure scene captures by writing to a render target on tick (Aptly named Lightwriter). Itā€™s perfect for stuff like this. Here are some gifs showing it in action. Itā€™s ready to release, but it needs good documentation (and some more example). Hopefully I can do that by this weekend.

Lightwrite1
Lightwrite2

22 Likes

that looks frying sweet Bill! /me likes :slight_smile:

1 Like

You mean you used graphic tablet? It should work okay with tablets too, I suppose you can just drag the sliders and check result, drag the sliders and check result until you get something you like.

Damn thatā€™s so cool! Iā€™d love to play with it :slight_smile:

Thanks, Iā€™m working with a programmer here sometime this week to get UMG support for the blutility section, then Iā€™ll release it I swear :slight_smile: