Simon Trümpler: Sketch #20 WIP

I wish I could like this one multiple times. The projectiles are gorgeous !

I don’t quiet understand what you wish for. :smiley:

Added some final touches (a gradient from top to bottom, sparkles, auras) and I think that will be almost the final result. Need to keep an eye on the contrast but I think the gradient adds nice variety :slight_smile:

sketch20_08a

It’s a bit hard to see but the auras of blue & green are as stylized as the little flame itself:

sketch20_08b

12 Likes

Re-worked the contrast within the little flames a bit:

sketch20_08d_followSpline_preview

sketch20_08c_preview

High-Res:

10 Likes

Great work, man. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Loooove the pixel shader! :blush::+1:

@bgolus suggested on twitter to move the pixel-sparkles on a grid (https://twitter.com/bgolus/status/1098991662708060160). Here’s my first test of quantize particle positions:

sketch20_08e_quantize

The size of the particles is 10.0 in this example.

9 Likes

I’m going to use a lot of this to revisit my Arcade Ashe fan skin fx :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I’ve create a little tutorial about how to use blueprints to render flip books at runtime:

And in case some one needs the project files: Dropbox - File Deleted

14 Likes

This is amazing! I was hoping for a tutorial on how you did this, Thank you very much!

1 Like

The link has expired, can you reissue it? Thank you!

Here you go: Dropbox - File Deleted

4 Likes

thank you very much!

Hi everyone,
This topic grabbed my attention and I couldn’t resist trying something related to it! :smirk:
@simonschreibt, I read earlier in this thread that you were thinking about making the dot’s size change depending on the texture brightness value. Since I didn’t see this idea coming out later in this thread, I thought it could be a good thing to give it a try. :wink:

I’ve started with the same dot masking feature that you made earlier, and just made some basic math by lerping between the scalar value you were using to choose the dot size and the texture’s red channel for brightness information. I also reused the “multiply → floor → divide” logic to choose how many different sizes you want your dots to have depending on brightness values.

I hope it can be useful to someone in a way! :blush:

5 Likes

looks super cool! thanks for showing your results <3

those glow quads, how are you animating their movement/scaling, with WPO or a looping scale over life curve inside the particle system?

can you share the image sequence of the fire but in the JPG format? Thanks