Rebelway Course: Stylized FX for Games!

Heyo good people of the realtimeFX world!

I just wanted to drop this here for your eyeballs!

Sjors De Laat, Ge Lush and I worked quite hard to make this workshop happened. ( well, I didn’t work as hard )

So I’m sharing it here as well. That is all. Any questions or feedback is welcome! :slight_smile:
Have a good day.

Thumb

21 Likes

@Madosho @Bradesko congrats on this one guys! Loved working with you :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

yaas! good lads! lets do another one! :smiley:

1 Like

Those look stunning! I’m using Unity to develop right now and wanted to give Houdini a shot, mixing both softwares together to create stunning VFX like in the video but dropped Houdini pretty quickly. I’m very interested in learning more advanced stuff. How useful is this for me then?

Hey! This is awesome. I’ve never taken a class with Rebelway. I see there’s a weekly schedule. So is it like lectures? Or online homework assignments? How does this process go & how similar/different is it from a traditional university setup? Do we get live conversations with the instructors? How does feedback work? Sorry asking lots of questions. :pleading_face:

1 Like

good question Travis, I joined the first Real-Time VFX by brad, essentially you get your own dedicated discord server, where you can infinitely ask question, during the 8week course and you’re always welcome to ask question afterwards. there’s a system in place which sparsely drops new videos with a different Topic/Asset every week, each video being anywhere from 10 up to 40/50 mins (Max). If you fall behind like I did (Still need to finish it Hahah). you can still acess to the content, and no doubt you’d still be able to ask brad for help. but the cool thing is everyone in the server is a student so they help each other out similar to our RTVFX server, but then dedicated to the assets your working on. In terms of workload its up to you, Brad gives you a very solid base to work from, you’d be recreating all the assets shown probably, or he’ll subtely leave stuff out, which if you follow the course can make yourself. then he really asks you to use the information acquired and make something similar or push it further/give it a twist. which from an industry standpoint is super important, else everyone from Rebelway will walk away with the same portfolio.

2 Likes

thanks for the nice words!
Well, this workshop is mostly Unreal engine with very little houdini. If you want to give houdini a shot, we actually have a big variety of houdini workshop from beginner to advance at Rebelway.net. i hope that answers the question.

2 Likes

Thanks for this very detailed answer. That is pretty much it indeed! :smiley:

Those fx look amazing! Defenitely intriguing

2 Likes

Is there a discord RTVFX server ? Coulds you plz share?)

1 Like