Hi everyone !
PopcornFX v2 is now in open beta !
The tool has been redesigned entirely, with the following key changes:
- Node graph workflow
- New layer (emitter) graph and timeline
- New template system:
- Allows you to reuse graph nodes everywhere
- Hide complex behaviours, tweak easily
- GPU simulation available in editor
- No need to script everything: experienced users can still benefit from scripts (and the new auto completion !), but you can avoid scripting entirely using nodes
- Editor available on Windows, Mac, Linux
For those of you willing to give it a try: https://www.popcornfx.com/services/editor-v2/
The editor also comes with a UE4 plugin so you can try effects in engine:
We are eager to know what you guys think!