Niagara issues and help

Having trouble using Dynamic Material Instances on Niagara particles, do they work?

Hi OgnjenIlkic, it’s all done in the Niagara system itself

Here you control the parameters made by the Material Dynamic parameters and the you control theses in Blueprints using a Niagara Parameter

1 Like

That is not the same thing :smiley:

I needed to use DMI to change Texture parameters dynamically. But looked everywhere, and I guess this is a known issue since a few versions ago :confused:

I think I am just a little confused as to what you are trying to achieve

So if you make the dynamic parameter and then make a user dynamic you then feed that into the Blueprint using the Niagara parameter.

Hi,

I’m trying to create a simple trail and noticed that niagara seems to handle ribbon mapping quite different than cascade if you use a tile distance in the ribbon renderer. Does somebody know how to achieve the cascade mapping style in niagara?

insta

1 Like

Hey guys,

is here any way to type in numerical values quickly inside a curve editor in Niagara? In Cascade I was able to add new curve poinst within seconds and type numerical values in, especially useful for 3D Vectors. The editing of curves is a much slower process in general, so maybe I’m missing something?

Creating a simple 3D curve with three points in Cascade takes be about 10 seconds (if I know what I’m going for), whereas in Niagara it’s about three to four times as long for exactly the same result. This is ,of course, only a problem if I need exact values.
I’ve created this beautiful picture to illustrate what I mean:

3 Likes

Hey Guys
Someone know if there is a medium hard or simple way to setup a skeletal mesh spawner that is spreading the particles evenly over the surface and not based on the try count ?
Usually the particles are getting spawned based on the try count so there will be more particles at hands and less over the body surface.
I have already found that video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTBHTeja66k
the issue here is that particles are getting stackt over each other

Make sure you set CPU Access and Uniform Distribution on the Mesh and it will emit all over, not just in high poly areas.

You can now use the Initialize Mesh Reproduction Sprite and Update MRS Modules instead of Arts method. Not sure whats changed in 4.25.

1 Like

Thank you that worket perfectly, dont know why I never was this easy solution inside a tutorial

just had the problem that i couldn’t see 1 of my 3 emitters. pressing “full rebuild” solved it: image

2 Likes

Hello,

I’m exploring the Initialize Mesh Reproduction Sprite and the Mesh Reproduction Sprite UVs to be able to match the colors. Wondering how to set the material when my skeletal mesh has multiple ID textures (head, body , leg…) .

thanks

1 Like

Hi there,

Long time reader, first time caller.

I’m having an issue with Niagara where I’m trying to have the particle system delay each loop with a uniform random float, and have this synced across all emitters in the system.

I have been able to get things to sync, and I can set a system delay, but it doesn’t set a new delay each loop (it’s always the largest value), and thus all placed particle systems spawn with identical delays. Which is not great.

This was never an issue in Cascade. Does anyone know if there’s a bug with the delay module in UE4.24 or something?

Its working fine with me in ue4. 26

1 Like

Probably worth mentioning I am working in UE4.24

Hey all!

I’m trying to incrementally add a value to a Dynamic Material Parameter in Niagara and nothing seems to work.

For example: MyValue = MyValue + DeltaTime * Rate

Also, does anyone know how to get a curve to use it’s Post-Infinity extrapolation

Hello guys! I know this is probably a silly question, but does anybody know the shortcut for simulation of niagara particles in level? Currently I kinda have to keep spamming the compile button to see whats happening in level and it always comes with a bit of a lag since its compile isnt meant for this.

I searched for any button that would do that and when I didnt manage to google it out anywhere.

When you have the Niagara system open, you can click the preview window and simply press Spacebar to have the system play, this will play the system in the main editor as well.

Hello!

Is there a way to create a global parameter in a system that can be updated by one emitter and read by a different emitter in the same system? I know there are the events, but those seem limited to location, death and collision.

Alternatively, is there an easy way to animate a system parameter on the timeline? I love the timeline concept but it seems limited to only basic spawn parameters unless I’m missing something.

Thanks!

Particle Attribute Reader

1 Like

Exactly what I needed. Thank you!

1 Like