My Daily VFX Challenge

VFX Daily #20 : A thunderbolt effect made with Unity. I wanted to try it and I’m pretty proud of the result ^^

13 Likes

VFX Daily #21 : Explosion time round 2 ! I love the arcade skins serie of League Of Legends (or maybe just all VFX of League Of Legends :thinking:). I tried to create a “remake” of the Zelda 1 bomb. Made with Unity:

6 Likes

VFX Daily #22 : A magic blades spell made with Niagara:

2 Likes

VFX Daily #23 : A heal area made with Unity. I wanted to create a nice motion with shaders.

3 Likes

VFX Daily #20 : A thunderbolt effect made with Unity. I wanted to try it and I’m pretty proud of the result ^^

This one is insane! How did you do that? :smiley:

1 Like

Some ribbons trails and meshes with a dissolve effect managed from the shader with the vertex color alpha as dissolve amount.

Thunderbolt%20details

I also used curved mesh to make impact and source bolts

Thunderbolt%20effect%20demo

10 Likes

Absolutely brilliant! :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot for the explanation!

1 Like

Really cool look, thanks for the workflow breakdown!

1 Like

I wish you safe and healthy.Thanks for the thread!

2 Likes

Hi ! Some new stuff made last week ! (I made a little pause for the Ludum Dare)

Here is the Daily VFX 24 : A mystic water ball. I experimented parallax mapping for the panning texture:

2 Likes

VFX Daily 25 : Some experiments with Niagara, I made a kind of “generated” floor under a target object.

2 Likes

VFX Daily 26 : I felt again into Final Fantasy serie :sob:. So I’ve made a crystal effect on Unity with Shuriken and Amplify Shader editor.

The crystal faces glow is inspired on the Shannon McSheehan’s thread on Taric’s shield vfx breakdown Shannon McSheehan - LoL FX + Knowledge Share - #159 by ShannonBerke

4 Likes

VFX Daily 27 : A fire fists combo made with Niagara UE4. I took the animated character from Mixamo :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

VFX Daily 28 : A star gate cube made with VFX Graph, I mostly tried to create reusable graph modules.

5 Likes

VFX Daily 29 : A Fire Ball effect made with Niagara UE4 inspired by Final Fantasy XIII fire spell.

4 Likes

VFX Daily 30 : The explosion of the fireball I’ve made yesterday ! I’ll try to make the spell cast effect today to have the complete animation.

1 Like

VFX Daily 31 : The last effect of my fire ball spell VFX, the cast:

I’ll make a complete effect animation tomorow and maybe end the Daily challenge on this one.

2 Likes

Here is the final animation of my fire ball effects and the last effect of this challenge !

I’ll end my daily VFX challenge on this one ! It was a really exciting challenge ! Sometimes maybe difficult to motivate myself but I did my best to be fair ^^ I learned so much things in just one month !

4 Likes