My Daily VFX Challenge

Daily%20VFX%20%2320%20Thundershock

HI everyone !

What a time to make VFX when the only think you have to do is… stay at home !
So I’ve decided to challenge myself to level up my VFX skills (and not think all day about this strange period !)

Everyday, I’m trying to create a visual effect on Unity, Unreal, sometimes traditionnal and why not other softwares like PopcornFX. This is a bad time, then I try to turn it into an opportunity !

Here are some of the first works I’ve done (3-5h per effect). I started this challenge for 3 weeks.

Feel free to comment ! I really want to improve my skills and learn a lot of things and techniques.

13 Likes

Daily VFX #1 Data cluster on Unreal Engine 4

10 Likes

VFX Daily #2 : Anime Dash on Unity. I used the default sprite material only to work on the motion and the colors .

7 Likes

VFX Daily #3 : A buff area made with Niagara. The first time I use Substance Designer to generate textures or patterns and it’s a great tool !

4 Likes

VFX Daily #4 : First real try with traditionnal animation on Krita. I felt to spend so much time on this one.

5 Likes

VFX Daily #5 Toon fire with Unity. I spent many time to try making the flame with a plane only but it was not really nice, so I’ve simply done a dissolve on particles :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Looks like I have some troubles with Vimeo, I’ll try to fix this ASAP.

VFX Daily #6 : A Hammer Crush animation with Unity, I worked a lot on the hammer motion to make the hit the most impactful as possible.

5 Likes

VFX Daily #7 : A magnetic needle floor made with Niagara. I tried to experiment some things with vectors and mathematics.

3 Likes

VFX Daily #8 : A spiritual chain made with Niagara with ribbons.

10 Likes

VFX Daily 9 : A laser beam effect with Unity

4 Likes

VFX Daily 10 : A Sool Syphon effect inspired by League of Legends shadow isles skins

6 Likes

VFX Daily 11 : A wormhole effect made with Unity. Skybox from Space Skies free asset.

3 Likes

VFX Daily 12 : I tried to recreate the Morgana’s Tormented shadow spell from League of Legends.

4 Likes

VFX Daily 14 : A stylized waterfall, I tried to recreate the effect fro mthis Twitter thread : https://twitter.com/Cyanilux/status/1190253359703482369?s=20

8 Likes

VFX Daily 15 : A sword slash effect inspired by Cloud’s sword slashes in FF7 remake. Character and his animation from Mixamo.

4 Likes

VFX Daily 16 : Not really proud about this one ^^’ I’ve made a Wipeout prototype one year on Unity ago and I wanted to create a new Booster effect and integrate it to the game with VFX graph. The prototype is in my itch.io if you re interested :wink: (but an old version without the new effect) → WipEout Remaster (Fan made) by Julien Delaunay (the ship were made by a friend → https://myox.artstation.com)

3 Likes

VFX Daily #17 : A futuristic gathering energy effect made with Unity.

1 Like

VFX Daily #18 : A jelly fish made with Unity VFX graph:

3 Likes

VFX Daily #19 : Explosion time ! A stylized explosion made with Niagara :

7 Likes