Mederic Havard: TGT Competition WIP

Some idea for the moment, i think that my transmutator come from hell and disintegrate like fire. Ashes turn in wave then an object forms. (Ref: https://youtu.be/1aDhfTGkLTg?t=1m)

1 Like

A first draft in PopcornFx, no idea for the moment for the final shape. Maybe an angel, if you have suggestion?

9 Likes

Aww that’s sick! love the direction your taking it in, though personally I would make the overall effect much faster (But I imagine it happening in gameplay where it needs to be quick quick :smiley: ) For a cutscene this would be wicked.

As for the shape, it looks pretty painful, like that guy is in flames! the dark smoke kinda makes me think more of a demon or a vampire kinda transformation, or alternatively you could be turning swirly ash cloud into something cooky like a garden gnome :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I think I will first focus on the first step, I would see later for the following depending on the inspiration :grin:

A little update :wink:

10 Likes

this keeps getting better and better! I really need to invest some time in popcornfx. how are you controlling the flow of particles over the characters body?

1 Like

In a first time I use the vertex paint for the burning zone (threshold of a mask with a gradient in black and white) and then i use directly in script a noise for the decomposition on the surface, always with a gradient mask of black and white generated by the noise. if you have another question tell me :wink:

2 Likes