How do I make a radial UV texture coordinate map?

If you want to control UV offset or tiling, you can do that before the VectorToRadial, and (if I remember correctly) you can grab DDY/DDX after your multiply/add, but before the VTRV function. I’m trying to find the original post, but it was along the lines of “any kind of math applied to the tex coord is fine to do DDY/DDX off of” so things like Add and Multiply are fine.

I think the Frac, Sqrt, and custom atan2 in the mat function break that though

2 Likes

Nice Radial UV Shader: https://twitter.com/Cerva_saiki/status/1584282244943781888

2 Likes

I know this thread is old but still relevant. If you were to have a texture for uv deformation and want the radial to affect both but each have their own different tiling values (say my main texture is tiled by two but my uv deformation texture needs to be tiled by 0.5), how would you do this?
I have it all looking good if I don’t tile my uv deformation texture but it’s too small.

This is my main texture’s radial node, happening basically before anything:

Then later on I have this:

But it’s not working. So I tried disconnecting those and instead putting just one right after my UV deformation - before panning. And it seems to work but I cannot figure out what formula it’d be to have the center of the radial be at the center of my UVs, tried multiplying or adding both of the tiling values, dividing that into 2, but nothing works. I’m so close though

– EDIT:
Solved it like this:

The redirect node of tiling multiplies the tiling values by 0.5.