HoldimProvae : Sketch #61

::Thumbnail::
thumbnail

::Final Submission will be here::

Hello, after taking a holiday break, there are still about two weeks left until the sketch deadline. There is still time, so let’s start the sketch.

After exploring the viridian wildwoods while playing POE affliction league recently, I’ve thought of an FX sequence idea about occult things. I will implement the idea that came up through this sketch.

( initial idea )

Initially, I had an idea of a flaming deer skull replacing a character’s head. However, since I’m planning to use Unreal default mannequin again, I thought it would be better to use a more exaggerated expression rather than simply replacing the head part.

First, I proceeded with the modeling work of a deer skull for sketch theme.
I textured the deer skull with wood-like feel. This started from the thought that it would be good if it was a material that burns well.

And this week, I proceeded with rigging and keyframe animation. The next goal is to set fire to the skull and casting flame breath to burn something.

16 Likes

It’s already looks scary

2 Likes

Short update: This week, I dedicated my time to animation work for the sequence.
Next weekend will be the last time I can work, so I plan to proceed with the FX work in earnest then and wrap it up.

3 Likes

Quick update :
I’m adding some curve meshes for skull creation phase.
I’ll add some more soulcoasters for this phase, and I’m going to practice Embergen this time…

7 Likes

This is my final submission,
I was able to practice exporting EmberGen flipbook textures a lot while making this sketch.

16 Likes

헐~~ 타이밍이 너무 굉장해요…

The timing is incredible. I’m saving this video to my inspiration playlist :laughing:

1 Like

This is literally next level, wtf XD

1 Like

it would really help to see the breakdown of flipbooks and embergen, :grinning:

2 Likes

these are flipbook textures that I used on this sketch.
I started from
Game Fire Ball Loop,
Game Fire Loop 1,
Wispy Smoke 1,
Embergen Presets. I wanted to export a common texture for use in other sketches too, so I created it in a form that can be used universally, regardless of a specific camera direction.

You may notice that some textures have fewer frames than other flipbook textures. This is because they were designed with the assumption that they would be used for particles that burn quickly and disappear, with a short lifetime

And this texture was exported in a horizontal alignment because it was created for rendering through RibbonRenderer. This texture was used to represent the torch, the burning head of the ritualist, and the burning horns of the deer skull.

7 Likes

It’s the great idea for horror films. Cool effect! I remember your first works, you are doing better and better :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:
I am now starting to make results that are gradually getting closer to the visuals I initially intended.

1 Like

This is sooo freaking cool! I’m really loving this!

1 Like

Looks cool, so the smoke is just a sprite/flipbook on particles ?

1 Like

Yes, and the smoke material is Default Lit, and used only basecolor, alpha, motionvector, and normal map textures.

This is metal af, i love it

2 Likes

Love it, beautiful work as always! :ok_hand:

1 Like