Hello! Here is my reel video. :)

Hi guys! I’m glad to meet you! :smiley:
I made Reel video and I want to share with you.

I’m mostly interested in UI / VFX / Animation. But I love game art at all !!
I think game artist is one of the most interesting jobs in the world.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my reel !
Thanks!

Wd Kim - 2018 Reel from WooDorl Kim on Vimeo.

※ Awesome Splash arts and illustrations in VFX part are made by other artist.

42 Likes

Top quality work! Nice job :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot! :smiley:

good job! bro!
I like it!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks dude! :smiley:

Nice work! I love such vivid animation.

1 Like

Hey dude! Love your stuff you have here. Your 2d animation stuff is so slick. Im trying a bit of this stuff out on the side at the moment. How do you go about animating the heads of these characters? I notice you have little turns and such in there. Looks so alive!

1 Like

Found you on ArtStation recently. Love, love, love your stuff! Very inspiring for the work I’m currently doing.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! :smile:

Hey thanks for your kind words! :slight_smile: I made splash animation with After effect.
You can animate like that using puppet tool, mesh warp, null objects with script, and detached sprites. The process is similar with 3d character rigging. Searching “After effect puppet tool” at Youtube. You can find so many useful tutorial. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m glad to here that my work gives you inspiration! :slight_smile: Thanks a lot!

Oooo thank you very much! I have played around with the puppet tool a little bit. I was unsure if I was going down the right path however. Your comment has pointed me back in the right direction. Thank you!

1 Like