Harry Alisavakis' Sketchbook

Earth attack!

earth_attack_opt

11 Likes

The Shader on your rocks is very cool, I like the outline and the cartoon render any tips to know how to do this ?

1 Like

It’s a custom toon surface shader! The outline is basically a stepped fresnel effect with emissive color!
I better demonstrate the shader in this tweet. I do plan on making a tutorial on it at some point, with the shader code and all ^^

1 Like

I see Thank you ! :wink:

Did you use any specific plugin / asset to make the ice shards travel in a certain direction or is it all just made by Velocity over lifetime / Custom Data?

It’s actually done via a (very) custom tweening tool I made, similar to what DOTween does!

I basically take the starting position and the target’s position, get a random point in between them, and move the projectiles along a quadratic Bezier curve using an easing function. Cool thing about that is that no matter the length of the path, the duration of the animation is constant!

Their rotation follows the path by using the derivative of the Bezier equation to get the direction they should be looking at.

1 Like

Any asset on the unity store that can achieve this, im a VFX trainee so i still need those kind of assets for practice!

Maybe DOTween has something like that, but I’m not sure. Also you should be able to find some tools that create curves/ splines to see how these works. I think Sebastian Lague released something like that at some point.

Thanks so much for the info really appreciate it! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Anime laser beam, inspired by Erb’s work!
laser_beam_opt

10 Likes

Took a stab at a simple portal effect!
dark_portal_opt

5 Likes

An attempt at an AOE fire spell :fire::fire::fire:

fire_spell_opt

4 Likes

Small teleport effect to test a custom “futuristic cubes” shader :3

teleport_VFX_opt

2 Likes

Boss summoning orb, similar to one in Black Desert :crystal_ball::fire:
BD_Summon_Orb_opt

4 Likes

Attack VFX inspired by Young Souls! :smiley:

young_Souls_attack_opt

2 Likes

A take on Pokemon GO’s Pokemon catching VFX!

( Pokeball model by Adria Ruiz: Pokeball - Download Free 3D model by Adria Ruiz (@adriaruiz) [dadc076] - Sketchfab )

pokeball

4 Likes

It’s great, but why are you presenting it on a magenta background?

Thanks! No particular reason tbh, just wanted something that pops while the blue/yellow elements on top can be readable

Don’t know if it’s as bad on other screens, but on mine, it totaly overwhelms the effect.
Might be a good idea to take some off the colour out as currently it’s kinda distracting, which is a shame.

Yeah, I feared that’d be the case for some people, but it was too late ^^" I will keep it in mind for next effects though

1 Like