FX Team Art Blast for World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth!

Hey everyone!

Our FX team is doing an art blast over on Artstation, but I wanted to share it here with our FX artist community as well because we’re all super stoked about what we were able to accomplish this expansion. I encourage you to check it out everyone’s stuff on Artstation too, because the whole WoW Art team is doing coordinated blasts every day this week if you want to see more than just FX!

"Battle for Azeroth marks the first expansion for the World of Warcraft with a dedicated visual effects team. Previous expansion’s FX were completed with the hard work of just a few FX and Prop Artists. Our intent with BFA was to live up to the visual style, and painterly aesthetic that the rest of the art team have been cultivating for years.

The FX team is well on their way to redefining the visual effects style. World of Warcraft is a huge game and there is still a lot of work to be done, but after you see this post, I hope you are as excited as I am to see it happen."

-Steve Nelson, Lead FX Artist

FX Artists:

Ethan Zink

Guillermo la O’

Kali Jacobs

Luis Aguas

Sarah Carmody

61 Likes

great stuff!

really enjoyed looking at all the effects!
Keep inspiring us! :slight_smile:

Great work you cool cats! love the stuff.

I seriously want to thank you for sharing this. WoW has always been a big part of my life and seeing how VFX is accomplishing so much with BfA… you guys are superstars! Extremely grateful for the inspiration and newfound connection with such a talented and diverse group of artists.

3 Likes

That’s amazing.
I’m more focused on the bosses’ VFX than on the bosses themselves when I’m raiding, always trying to make some kind of reverse engineering. That’s not the perfect way to win fights haha :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Epic stuff as usual… Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Awesome work! Personally while play BFA; I really love the color choices for the azerite spells and explosions.

1 Like

COOOOL !! thanks heaps for these !
btw FOR THE HORDE!!

Wow…! I copied it a lot this Game VFX. Of course, the quality didn`t come out … Thank you!