Free Download - Fortnite Inspired Galaxy Shader - Unreal Engine 4 + Unity

:computer_mouse: Download it by clicking here :computer_mouse:

Lush_VFX_Galaxy_Shader_03

Lush_VFX_Galaxy_Shader_01

Lush_VFX_Galaxy_Shader_02

Created this Fortnite inspired Galaxy Shader! Easy to customize, rapidly create material variants.

Also available for Unreal Engine 4.22.3!

Lush_VFX_Galaxy_Shader_10

The workflow was a bit different for the Unreal version, I had to use the NVIDIA Texture Tools for Adobe Photoshop plugin to create the cubemap!

This was highly inspired by @Garrexus and @Nokdef work.

Couldnā€™t decide to which of the two topics reply with this post, so I created a new topic instead!

Enjoy! :milky_way:

34 Likes

Itā€™s wonderful ! :smiley: I love it :smiley:

1 Like

So cool! Thank you, guys!

1 Like

Glad you liked it :new_moon_with_face: @VFXbaker @Kitiss

Please donā€™t forget to share with us anything you create with it!

2 Likes

Awesome stuff! Iā€™ll have dig into this later this evening, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Sharing is caring!

Feel free to use this in commercial projects :sparkles:

What an amazing work! Thanks for sharing your approach on Unreal, there are very few unreal engine cubemap tutorials out there!

Thx for sharing!

1 Like

Props to you for inspiring me!

I was feeling non-productive so I just went and did it.

Happy to know you enjoyed it!

1 Like

Iā€™m a beginner and Iā€™m not sure at all how to create this. Can you post the files and make maybe a video tutorial

Hey @Ikky_Jones!

Welcome to the forums.

The files are available to download by clicking on the very top of my post, where it says ā€œDownload it by clicking hereā€.

About the tutorials, check the threads I shared on my post, @Garrexus and @Nokdef already did a tutorial on that. I made it a bit different, but you should get the idea!

Have a nice one!

Sorry for all the questions, but assuming that the .rar file is the file for ue4, how do I unpackage it? Also, in the download, is the galaxy material already made, or do we have to create it ourselves in blueprint? I have to say, this is the best shader I have ever seen!

1 Like

Glad you like it! :sparkles:

The material is already made hehehe

You can unpackage the .rar file using Winrar or a similar software. Then, just double click the .uproject file and the project should open! Make sure youā€™re using Unreal Engine 4.22.3 or a more recent version.

1 Like

wowļ¼ļ¼thank you very muchļ¼ļ¼ļ¼

1 Like

How could I make the galaxy effect fixed so that when I move around, the material seems to within the character rather than coating the character? Also, is there a way to get rid of light reflections on the material?

For some reason, when I import the files into my project and drag the materials on, they turn transparent and donā€™t work.

Thatā€™s strange. I just imported the files to a brand new UE4.25 project and it works!

Thatā€™s strangeā€¦ Is there a special way to import into UE4 rather than dragging and dropping the content files? Like how in Unity, there is a separate tab to import files.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUYiK1CkqBc

This is the best way, migrating assets!

Ohhhhhhhh. Thank you so much @Lush!

1 Like

@Lush, do you mind if I use this material in a game Iā€™m currently developing?

1 Like