It’s been 2 years since we launched our first tool, VectorayGen, and now we’re tackling a much bigger issue that has plagued your workflow since the dawn of VFX… Fluid Simulations!
We’re excited to showcase our latest progress on EmberGen - A standalone real-time fluid simulation tool built specifically for real-time VFX Artists. Yes indeed, it’s the first fluid simulation tool built specifically for people like us! Please note everything is still a work in progress.
No more waiting for 12 hours for a render to finish, and no more being sad that it didn’t look good, because you have to redo everything.
1st MVP Release Features Will Include:
- Real-time 3D volumetric simulations.
- Real-time WYSIWYG viewport, complete with volumetric lighting & shadows
- Ability to color fluids via custom gradients.
- Intuitive node graph editor and parameter timeline.
- Fluid caching system to allow you to scrub through simulations.
- Instant game ready flipbook generation.
- All the data you need: Motion vectors, normal maps, temperature maps, and more.
- Vector field velocity injection to make fluids bend to your will. (Yay! VectorayGen is still relevant <3)
- In-software flipbook preview system.
- A plethora of presets to learn from.
- Ability to run on a GTX 1050 and above.
- Voxel resolutions up to 512x512x512 - Runs fast on a GTX 2080 Ti, chugs (10-15fps) on a GTX 1080.
- Target resolution of 256x256x256.
Will you eventually support volumetrics in game engines like UE4/Unity, instead of just flipbooks?
Yes, in a baked form atleast. We’re already researching 3D/4D spritesheets and other methods of getting volumes into game engines. We do plan on adding open VDB support in the future if you’d like to export volumes to other 3D software packages as well.
If I have a potato PC, will it be able to run this software?
Most likely not, we recommend that you have at the bare minimum, a GTX 1050 or above. Both AMD and Nvidia cards will work with EmberGen.
Is the software limited to just fire, smoke, and explosions?
We’d like to think not! We are hoping that you’ll eventually be able to generate various tiling textures, 3D noise, procedural volumetrics, magic, stylized effects, etc.
Is the tool a plugin for some other software?
Nope! It’s completely standalone and uses a proprietary simulation and rendering platform that we built from scratch to be high performance.
Great! So when is it coming out?
Q3 2019 is our goal for release. If you want to stay in the loop and get access to our beta BEFORE we start selling the software, go to our website and sign up. We will notify you when we’re ready to let you give it a try! https://jangafx.com/software/embergen/
Let us know what you think about our upcoming tool!