EmberGen (BETA RELEASED): Real-time fluid sims for instant flipbook generation!

We have released the beta and it includes a whopping 64 presets! We’ve stuck to our roots and provided phenomenal tools for VFX artists in games and I sincerely hope that you test the software out as it now includes a 14 day free trial with unlimited exports!. Please let me know if you have any feedback!

Read the original post all the way at the top for up to date info!

12 Likes

We added a new flipbook inspector tool inside of our latest update today! Now you can view your generated flipbook textures within EmberGen and preview their animations right within the tool too. So if you have a looping flipbook, you can ensure that the loop is perfect before you save the texture and try it out in game. We still need to add playback speeds and such, but this is a great first step towards our full on sprite viewer viewport with shading etc.

Controls: Click a sprite frame to zoom in/out, press P to play/pause, use Left/Right arrow to step through the flipbook in either direction when paused.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrBjEoX28-c

I just made a tutorial on how to export flipbooks from our latest build. Should help anyone out who is stuck!

3 Likes

Hey everyone!

We have a Q&A live stream coming up tomorrow at 12:30PM EST and we’ll be showing off some of the new features that are coming up in EmberGen as well as our UE4 material set.

Go ahead and click the video and click the reminder bell if you don’t wanna miss the stream!

1 Like

We just released EmberGen 0.5.6 and you can read our full changelog over here: EmberGen 0.5.6.0 has been released! - News & Announcements - JangaFX Software Forum

We also started our black friday sale, so if you haven’t picked up EmberGen or our Suite yet, you can grab indie annual licenses for 30% off starting today through Sunday!

2 Likes