Custom sprite facing help (Unreal)

Hello everyone!

I came here since I am having a hard time figuring something out. I’m trying to figure out some ideas for Impact VFX from melee weapons, and I came across this interview from a VFX artist at Blizzard.

Specifically one of his pieces caught my eye, but then I cant help but think, how exactly does the alignment work for the impact particles on the target?

5d28a5894d3fb

I apologize if I don’t come across clear enough. But does anyone have any ideas how I could get sprites to align like that, but also face the camera so that it could be seen from behind or the side, but also without completely flipping the sprite when looking at it from behind?

If anyone can point me in the right direction on how to achieve it, I would really appreciate it. :grinning:

You can try to set it to Velocity Aligned and give it some velocity in this direction (velocity of 0.1 is enough). Might not look perfect for all angles, but it will look okay for most angles.

1 Like

I’m not sure why I didn’t think of that, but it actually works exactly as I need it to. Thank you!

1 Like