Creating Lasers with Unity Shader Graph

ShaderGraph_LaserBeam_Preview02_10s_GIF_600_v2

Here’s the tutorial:

In this Shader Graph tutorial I demonstrate how to create a simple, but awesome, Laser Beam shader in Unity!

I hope this may help someone around.

Enjoy!

23 Likes

Awesome!
Thank you very much!

1 Like

Thanks for a really nice and detailed tutorial :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing dude, looks awesome.

1 Like

Thanks you are welcome!

Thanks, this will help a lot with starting my knowledge on shaders! :slight_smile: I always use the offset option in photoshop to make sure a texture is seamless btw. Maybe it helps for people who aren’t as good at aligning left and right as you are. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah forgot to mention that. It’s a good trick. :slight_smile:

By the way, there’s also this list of tutorial about Shader Graph that may help you:

Good luck!

2 Likes

Hi Gabriel!
Could you tell me how to convert a shader graph to normal project?. I have created a shader in Lightweight project by shader graph but i don’t know how to use it in others normal project! Can you help me ? smiley: Thanks for your sharing

Hey Max,

Well, I believe that, and please someone correct me if I’m wrong, it’s only possible to create shaders with a Visual-Scripting-Node-Tool in Unity 3D (normal project) with a 3rd party plugin. Such as Shader Forge. Which unfortunately was deprecated and it’s no longer being supported.

But, fortunately there’s other options, like Amplify Shader. Which is awesome too!

But yeah, Shader Graph doesn’t work outside the new render pipeline. :confused:

1 Like

Oh! Thanks for your answer! So, Shader Graph only work on Lightweight pj :frowning: I will try study Amplify Shader ! Thanks for your support :slight_smile:

It also works in the High Definition Render Pipeline btw.

Good luck!

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you for sharing

1 Like

Can’t wait to go home and test this! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Great! If you have any question let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like