Chinese VFX Courses for Non-Chinese residents?

Last time I checked these courses, they were unavailable to purchase if you are not resident of China. Just wanted to ask, if anyone know places where it is possible? Because the animation of Chinese VFX is so smooth and fluid, really want to watch them. Personally I don’t know the Chinese language at all, but I don’t think it will make a big difference, will just follow the video.

I know only this:

7 years old =/

Of the new ones I know https://www.magesbox.com/ but they don’t allow to buy courses too =(

Yes, piracy is rampant in China, so you need to upload personal identification information (such as an ID card, but it can only be a Chinese resident ID card). So foreign friends ca n’t buy it. At the same time, the course is not very worth buying, and many of them are available on the Internet. Find similar tutorials

Do you know another free/paid courses?

You are invited :slight_smile:

HRISTO VELEV (BOTTLESHIPVFX) CHATS WITH EDWIN BRAUN (CEBAS) ABOUT THE ‘SHANGHAI FORTRESS’ SCI-FI VISUAL EFFECTS BREAKDOWN Tomorrow (Dec 17) with Hristo Velev and Edwin Braun: Pacific time: 10 AM , EST 1 PM // See Hristo Velev, BottleshipVFX 'Shanghai Fortress' Breakdown (TP)

NOTE: Please remember to join @ Zoom Room: Launch Meeting - Zoom
( Launch Meeting - Zoom )
JOT DOWN THE MEETING ID: 458-855-871
Password: ’ Fortress ’

Hristo Velev will be showing you and talking about his latest movie effects breakdown from the China sci-fi flic ‘Shanghai Fortress’ .
See Vimeo: Bottleship's work on Shanghai Fortress on Vimeo // BottleshipVFX 2019 Reel: Bottleship 2019 feature film VFX reel on Vimeo

Hristo Velev founded BottleshipVFX studio in Sofia, Bulgaria. He is the Managing Director, FX. Hristo made his name creating massive destruction and particle dynamics scenes for films such as ‘2012’, ‘Sucker Punch’, ‘Iron Man 3’, and recent productions. Previously, Hristo Velev lectured at FXPhD. He has been in the VFX industry since 2009 with ScanlineVFX and Pixomondo Berlin.

Welcome to ask Hristo related questions, please email your question asap to Cedar TW, Cebas Community Manager @ c.thokme@cebas.com / Thank you for coming.

1 Like