Can a VFX artist avoid some contents?

Hi, I am interested in work as a VFX artist in the game industry once I finish the school, I found it really awesome in games like Uncharted 4 and Mass Effect 3. There are games that are highly acclaimed by the people that have things like demons, mythological creatures and sorcery/magic like content. For example, The Witcher 3, Smite, Doom Eternal and a large etc. Those things make me feel really uncomfortable because I’m a christian, in my believes I should not work or do anything with things related. So please let me know if there’s a way in which I can avoid that kind of content.

It’ll limit your options for sure, but if you look out there, there are plenty of studios who work in games that do not involve any of the content you mentioned. You could specialize in realistic VFX, and there’s plenty of demand for that… Does that answer your question?

What I would do is look up current available VFX jobs, and see how many positions for studios are open that you would work at. That’s about the size of the job pool you’re looking at. The better you are at what you do, the more choice you will have when job searching, generally. Timing might not always work in your favor for the studios you would work for.

Yes , that is not a bad idea, thanks.

Thanks for the info.