Call For Entries: 2019 GDC Reel

2019RealtimeVfxReelCallForEntries00

We need your best VFX videos for the 2109 GDC reel. The reel will be part of a video loop shown at the community meetup event at GDC after the VFX boot camp. Last year I just pulled everything I could find off of this site because I threw it all together last minute but this year I would like to clean it up a bit.

Guidelines:

Submit work you would be proud to share with the world and will represent the community well. Sketches and behind the scenes work are welcome as well as final effects in game. Anything that reflects the talent, creativity, and skill in this community.

Clip resolution of 1080 or 720 please.

If you want credit in your video clips please add it clearly but discreetly in the bottom right hand corner (see attached image for reference).

Post all links to clips in this thread.

Links posted after Feb. 28 may not be included in video.

9 Likes

Here’s a clip of the RTX cinematic we did for CES. Boom Dropbox - SOL_CES_2018_1920x1080.mp4 - Simplify your life

We should totaly get a compilation of the vfx sketch winners in here though. If the winners and @NateLane are ok with that ofc.

5 Likes

Of course! I’m not familiar with how this reel works, but I think if winners want their content in the reel that would be really cool!

3 Likes

I’ll try to do a proper HD capture of my hologram FX :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah we should really highlight the sketches in its their own montage.

I’m a total lurker who spends more time on the Facebook group than the website, literally just created an account on the forum (hi!)

Here’s my entry: https://youtu.be/Oaj6NOaCbQI

1 Like

Here’s a clip of some lava studies I finished earlier this year! Would be cool to throw in there Unreal Study: Lava on Vimeo

I don’t know if its good enough, but I’ll try https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP9Et4Osxow

1 Like

Really the only two major pieces I’ve put time into this year:

2 Likes

Nothing quite new to share yet, but here is my demo reel. Next GDC, I am sure I will have more. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alright so as a follow up on the last post, here’s some of the cooler looking results from the sword slash sketch that I did.

And something I’ve been working on lately:

Hopefully that’s usefull for the gdc reel in some way.

Also @Markiepoo : will we get to see the reel on the forum or is it exclusively meant to be shown at the event?

3 Likes

Sound interesting! I`ll try.
It is my honor, if I could participate in this.

Here is my reel 2018

Another stuff that I`m proud of in the past year.

Breakdown

2 Likes

I don’t know if its good enough, but I’ll try

3 Likes

Probably not good enough, but i’ll try too

2 Likes

Great stuff keep it coming!

This is the sketch I did for December-January:

Some explosions:

3 Likes

Here’s a clip of mine:

6 Likes
1 Like

Hi Everyone ,

Here is a Showcase video of a Shader i’m playing with last days.

https://vimeo.com/320266835

Here is an HD link : Dropbox - Okeys_Shaders.mp4 - Simplify your life

Thanks

5 Likes