Website lagging/ Taking too much to load?

Hey everyone, for a couple of months now I’ve noticed the forum has been taking ages to load, and overall is slow to run. Especially on the front page.

Does anyone else feel it is slow or is it something on my end?

Thanks!

Working nicely for me

I haven’t any issues either.

@Nokdef
Where are you joining us from?

I’m from Brazil, and it used to be real good a couple months ago, but has been consistently slow for a few months now.

1 Like

Possible sources: CDN (RTVFX uses Cloudflare it seems), ISP routing, ISP settings (e.g. badly set up IPoE that chokes on many connections), browser plugins/settings (any proxy/VPN used? cache/cookies cleared?).

For what it’s worth, here’s a Cloudflare status: https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/

For Brazil it shows following: Americana, Brazil - (QWJ) Re-routed

It means that requests from this area are not routed to this pop because of some issues or maintenance. It doesn’t affect the availability of your services. Your visitors will be routed to the next closest data center.

If you’re on WIndows, try this first: open command prompt and use “tracert realtimevfx.com”.

You might discover a part of your route that is slow as hell (might be a Cloudflare CDN).

I believe cloudflare is used to load owl carousel (for the featured bar)

I tried using tracert realtimevfx.com and some of the requests timed out, do you have any recommendations on which actions I could take to fix this issue? I gotta admit, half of what you said sounded like greek to me, but you seem to be onto something.

Requests timing out is OK behavior 99% of the time (not every part of your route is set up to answer back to ping/tracert requests), just look at the sudden ping spikes in your route.

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  X.X.X.X
  2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  3    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  X.X.X.X
  4     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  X.X.X.X
  5     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  6    60 ms    60 ms    60 ms  8-2-4-102.ear2.Stockholm2.Level3.net [62.140.24.21]
  7     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  8   202 ms   202 ms   202 ms  4.14.33.70
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12   202 ms   201 ms   201 ms  138.68.38.81

As you can see, from my location to Stockholm server ping is 60, to USA it’s 200. Sounds about right.
Sometimes my ISP has a PITA situation where particular EU server will have 30-70% packet loss, resulting in a browsing nightmare. If your route is stable (goes through fully every time) and you have no packet loss, then we need to try something else.

What browser do you use? Try another one (Chrome/Firefox/Edge), maybe something wrong with your current setup.
Any other websites also being slow lately for you apart from RTVFX?