VFX help / advice for new beginner

Hi, I’m not sure if I am in the right place but I have a beginner question on VFX…

I’m very new to VFX and SFX and have been using Davinci Resolve to help create a video for a high school assessment task.

The assessment is on technology convergence and I’m trying to create a VFX which transforms 5 pictures into 1 picture.

For example I have 1 photo of an old landline telephone, 1 photo of an old camera, 1 photo of an old TV, 1 photo of an old record player and 1 photo of an old desktop computer and I want to create a VFX that transforms all of these pictures into a smartphone.

Would anyone have any ideas on how I could do this and what free software would be best?

Thanks for your help.

Sounds like you’re talking about a morphing effect. This can be done in Fusion which is part of Resolve.

Basically you’ll draw a shape around the original object and animate that shape to match the smartphone while fading between the two images

Thank you so much, that’s exactly the effect I was thinking about. Time to hit YouTube! Thanks again for your help.