VFX Apprentice

Hi Jason! Are there any plans to let people purchase the modules Individually or to pay for them as an ongoing subscription plan?
The course looks amazing!

I’ve been getting feedback along these lines, and i do think it’s worth exploring. For now, it’s about 3 classes in one, with some aspects spanning across all the sessions.

1 Like

Big news: VFX Apprentice has an upcoming relaunch! Once it goes live, I’ll be offering 30-minute 1:1 coaching/portfolio review sessions for all students (current and future) along with a new referral program, and lots of other cool new features with a new platform. Now’s a great time to sign up at the discounted price before the big day later in February. More details on the way!

8 Likes

Hi! Jason. When I was ready to purchase for this course, I found that I just can not pay, because I don’t have a credit card, I also can’t use Paypal because we all use Alipay in China, almost no one use Paypal, so how can I solve this problem?

I had successfully paid for this course by PayPal! I I just can’t help myself to learning!

That’s so awesome! Yah, I’d love to add an Alipay option, but haven’t got it set up at this point. Still more to figure out whether it will work on the new platform or not. But i’m glad PayPal worked for you!

Cheers for this! Joined the list. The 1st link at the top of your post does not work though.

Oh, wow! I just realized after we re-launched on the new platform, I never changed the links. lol. Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

I can’t seem to access the forum, it says the page doesn’t exist :cactus:

I also have question about the 30 minutes coaching (that I seriously can’t wait :D) how is it going to be handled ? which software are we going to use (Discord, Skype) ?

There’s a chance i left a broken link somewhere. Can you tell me where you’re trying to click from? If you’re logged into your account, this link should work: https://vfxapprentice.mykajabi.com/products/vfx-apprentice-private-forum/community/topics

As for the 1:1 chats, it uses Google Hangouts using a link that’s automatically generated in the calendar invite. I prefer Hangouts because it easily ties into Xsplit allowing me to do screen sharing with my webcam overlaid in front (like in the videos!). See you in there!

So, the link you gave works just fine, however when coming in any url coming from this one: https://www.vfxapprentice.com I have the “this page cannot be found” message

Alright, I never used Hangouts so hopefully this will go smoothly :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks for the reply !

aha! apparently i had fixed the footer link, but not the header link. Should be working now!

1 Like

It is working perfectly now, thanks ! :ok_hand:

fantastic! happy to help :^D

Hey @Keyserito! I hope that you are still replying this thread!
Thank you for this course, it looks amazing and i really wanna buy it and pursue a career in Vfx, i’m currently studying Game design and next year i’m going to graduate, i’m really anxious about that!

Anyways what i would like to ask you is that i don’t really have any background in art at all, i mean i’ve done a few pieces of pixel arts in the past and stuff, but i’m not really an artist, nonetheless i do really really want to pursue a career in game vfx, but i’m kind of scared about the idea that i’m not gonna be good enough and i might just waste my time and money because i don’t know the basics of art and i don’t have any experience compared to others, its a must to have previous experience as an artist to buy this course and to be a vfx artist? thank you in advance!

Really good question! Everyone starts at a different spot. We did our best to build content that accomidates many different skill levels. If the free intro to Photoshop videos on my YouTube channel are too much, then maybe the class will be challenging for you until you’ve practiced some more.

Also, in our 30-minute 1:1 i can coach you either before or after you’ve done some of the course work, to make sure you don’t get lost.

Even after all that, you still might be unsure, and that’s okay! Knowing that this course won’t be for everyone, i added a 30-day money back guarantee. So you can always hop in and test it out without any risk.

Hope that helps!

7 Likes