Unreal 4 - Camera facing mesh challenge

I am having a difficult time to just have a mesh plane spawn in cascade that is always camera facing. I feel like I am going insane and the solution must be right in front of me.

I have been able to lock the axis in relation to the camera but I am having the hardest time finding the correct setting to have it locked in the correct axis.

Any advice?

1 Like

Have you tried this? Seems to work for me. It’s inside the mesh data module

1 Like

This is what I was playing with, the trouble is I dont want the mesh X axis facing. I was playing around with importing it at different orientations and changing these settings. But I could never get the quad to face the camera like any sprite would normally. Im booting up soon, ill take some pics / video to clarify.

make sure your mesh is facing down the X axis in your 3D program before you export - i’ve had lots of problems with this sort of thing before and that usually solves a few of them.

2 Likes

I created a fresh emitter and double checked my mesh orientation and the camera facing settings. Success! I am not sure why I couldn’t get this going before, must of had a setting checked somewhere. Thank you for the feedback/suggestions.

This set up will spawn planes camera facing without any rotation about the camera as it moves.

1 Like

I’m telling you guys…these camera facing problems are going to get us all killed…

2 Likes

I discovered this video which helps with this issue directly. Should of been the first place I looked as I was looking for the solution while breaking down the effects he was presenting. :slight_smile: