Ep 8! We take care of the case where there is already an existing render target because we hit a mesh that has already been hit before. We use the ‘find’ method of the blueprint map.
How to sample mesh surfaces with a uniform sampling basis so that in the next video we can draw damage hits with the proper scale and remove the stretching.
If you like what you see then please subscribe!
Texture splatting videos are great. I love seeing a complex idea explained simply and visually. The latest one is also interesting, with that technique using a double cross. But what a cliffhanger at the end I waited to see the un-stretched material.
Are there benefits to splitting videos into small steps? I think it’s more of Udemy-style than YouTube. A couple of advantages of longer videos (but not too long, ~20 min):
- YT people mostly find videos through recommendations or search. That’s the most important factor. A single popular video may have a better reach
- (a caveat to the previous point: it’s still useful to split by topic. Then you pop up when people search by certain keywords)
- It’s easier to go back to a certain minute, to check what was done there
- One longer video will accumulate all the likes (an important factor on YT). A multitude would only recieve a smaller number each
- YouTube algorithm measures the video’s value by watch time. I don’t know if it means duration percentage or amount. Still, a lot of viewers spending time in the same video would definitely boost it
Keep up the great work with the series!
Thanks for the feedback Oskar, I really appreciate it
I did wonder about the splitting of the videos. I mainly did it because originally they were going to be going up on another tutorial company’s site and that was required. So I just uploaded as is.
Also, doing the split allows me to upload one at a time so everyone isn’t waiting around as long.
Maybe I could compile into longer videos and uploads those once this latest round is all done, I’ll have a think. Can’t hurt to try.
PS. net video will be up in about half an hour
Yes, I think it won’t hurt to put them again, as a separate combined video
Cool I’ll try and get round to it soon.
Here’s the latest video which resolves the cliffhanger…
PS, love your channel too.
Ep 11 is up!
Here we modify a starter content particle system to get a quick and simple smoke effect.
Have been thoroughly enjoying all of these man! Super clear and concise :D. Thanks for all the effort for making these!
Penultimate episode of Tech art 3
Approximating surface area of mesh to choose optimal render target size…
Thanks for putting all these together!
Dude these are awesome! Thank you for making them!