Sterling Savoy: Embergen Challenge

First challenge and I’m super excited! Ready to learn some new cool things with Embergen. I already have three ideas that I’m going to try to decide on, all feel free to let me know if any one sounds more interesting then the rest

Idea 1
EmbergenContestIdea01

Idea 2

Idea 3
EmbergenContestIdea03

I definitley want to use this as a learning experience so if anyone is stopping by the post as it updates please feel free to critique!

2 Likes

Idea 3 looks very cool.

1 Like

EmberGenGif
I didn’t get as much done as I would like but I was able to play around in EmberGen and learn some fun stuff. I decide to approach my second idea because it seemed more within scope than the other two.

I believe I started out with the particle explosion template and manipulating the color gradient and smoke amount to appear more like a magical explosion! After I messed with the scene settings for a low intensity version of the Kuwahara in attempts to reduce the stray particles.

This was also my first time bringing a flipbook into Unreal so that was fun the learn but as soon as I got into Niagra I got a bit overwhelmed.

I look forward to the day where I will be able to make all 3 of these ideas to their full scope! Until then I will continue to push myself and learn more!

Thanks for the opportunity JangaFX and RT VFX!

1 Like

Here’s a quick reminder that this Challenge closes this evening! Don’t forget to submit your final video to JangaFX using this Form if you’ve yet!

For the full rules and instructions, visit our original post here: