Sketch #11: Gage

I put the liquid sim in the engine but am having a seriously hard time getting the rdb simulation in. I’ll keep looking at it this week but I’m out of time!

This was an incredible learning experience for me. Despite some times I wanted to pull my hair out I got a lot out of it! Bunch of fluid simulations, some cool brain material, got to use my material made drops, played with blood mist and mesh emitters. ALL GOOD STUFF.

Thank you everyone for checking out my post and I wish all the best to everyone else!

I’m so honored to get first place, thank you everyone! I couldn’t have done it without the fantastic community and constantly helping one another out!

I will continue to work on this project for a little bit so everyone is welcome to check it out and give feedback :slight_smile:

Actually this morning I was able to kill the particles that hit the floor using a volume and attribute wrangle node in Houdini. This is to get two separate simulations so that the blood has more time on the ground and dissipates smoothly.

Here are some shots in Houdini:

Sim with killed particles

Sim with only floor particles

Then exported the initial splat to Unreal Engine

Still needs some fine tuning to timing and material for more of a blood feeling haha. The biggest problem I have with it though is that there isn’t as much as the explosiveness with the liquid because it’s calculating the geo.

2 Likes