Questions about switching to Unity

I made a separate topic for Unity particle system feedback. Unity particle system feedback thread - #3 by iNoob

1 Like

There is a workaoround for that! Create a Particle system as a master, and disable the rendering modul.
If you put now new particles systems in to the master. You need just select the master and all particles in the master will now play.

MultipleParticleSytemesUnity

Oh hey, i’ve been using this method since my mentor showed me this for our final project. Quite useful in many way instead of just an Empty objects.

1 Like

Now show me that for 14 effects (with 3 emitters each) parented under 8 different characters in a cutscene, each triggered by separate timeline events while several weather effects are playing around the world. Also, make sure that at least half of them are popcornfx.

I’ve used dummy/master emitters extensively (and also been scolded by code for doing so. It’s very expensive to create emitters even if they do nothing). At this point I’m somewhat familiar with the basics of unity. It’s the real world uses of the previews I find lacking.

Thanks for the tip though!

1 Like

you are welcome!

yes, emitters are expansive as a code!
I had until to days no big issues with that, but I am considering to create a script as well.

If I have more particles systems in the scene triggered by different animations,i can see those in the play modus.
The good thing is since the 5.4 or 5.5 version you can apply your changes in the play modus, I am happy about this improvement.

But still this is also not the best way in my opinion.