Poll: GDC VFX Roundtable Topics

Roundtables are my personal favorite part of the conference. A lot of deeply knowledgeable VFX and tech art types come and discuss various parts of what works for them on their teams at their studios.

One thing i especially love is that some of these individuals don’t always have a super big online presence coz they’re busy making games and such, so it’s pretty rare to hear from them.

As to the difference between days, the crowd changes a bit, so we get varied perspectives. Also, the focus of each day changes, as directed by the facilitator. There’s never enough time to cover everything we’d like, so we try to touch on a broad variety of things spread over all three days.

Hope that (at least kind of) addresses your question.

2 Likes

I’d love to hear guidelines or tips for mantaining a cohesive style between effects when working in a team of multiple vfx artists.

Also please when telling people to turn off their phones take a moment to say hi to my mom! :hugs:

1 Like

Thanks everyone for your awesome input. With the roundtables just around the corner, @Drew & I will gather your thoughts and do our best to cover the most valuable bits.

CU @ GDC!

2 Likes

Just wanted to say thanks for the notes!

feel free to add to this thread over the next couple days and I’ll keep checking it for feedback on the roundtable as it unfolds.

1 Like